flywheel clearance

I noticed that after I replaced the oil seal that there is very little clearance between the flywheel and the oil pan on my 1997 4runner with a 4 cyclinder engine. When I pulled off the flywheel there was no spacer. There is only about 2-3 millimeters of clearance. This seems very strange, if flywheel was out of true than it would bind with oil pan...??

Reply to
hizark21

Even if the flywheel were not true, 2 or 3 millimeters should be enough clearance. When you say "flywheel," I assume that you have a manual transmission. If you have an automatic transmission, make sure the drive (flex) plate is not installed backwards.

Reply to
Ray O

Flywheel runout is in 10ths of a millimeter, not millimeters.

Reply to
Ray O

If it wobbled by three mill it would shake so much you couldn't drive it!!!!

Reply to
mrcheerful