FOUND IN AN OLD TRUNK

Just found in an old trunk---a bundle of Tune-Up Primers in like new condition. The Tune-Up Primer, often called the Yellow Book, contains tune-up specs for American cars from 1964 to 1972. It was small enough (3½"x5½) so that old time mechanics kept it in their shirt pocket or toolbox. They are for sale at $10 each (check or PayPal) includes postage. They won't last long so order now!

Reply to
cribsheet

Let's see...American Cars from 1964 to 1972. In a Toyota group. Right...

Reply to
Hachiroku

pmsl.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

At one point, I would bet most of us have owned and drive American cars from

that era. I drove a 1970 Ford Torino GT with a 351 Cleveland. Plenty of power, bad handling on turns, bad brakes, plastic seats (love 'em in the summer!) and an automatic self destruct mechanism (electrical fire before 90,000 miles). I was young, immortal, and stupid back then :-) Fortunately, I survived that era - mentally. As Scott will testify, the body does not get better with experience.

Just to take this off the topic. We will be going on a Scout campout this weekend. It is predicted to be in the 20's at night. I will have my trusty LED light and a bottle in the tent!!!! I will have a spare sleeping bag in the car - in case I miss the bottle :-)

Reply to
ma_twain

I thought he was going to say he found Jimmy Hoffa

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I had a '73 Nova for 6 weeks. The price of gas went up 15 cents and I traded it back for my Corolla 1200...

Other than that, Mostly Toyotas, a Volvo, a VW Jetta and a Honda Accord...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Actually, I done my damnedest to avoid driving british, never mind american from that period.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

No Lucas Disease for you, eh?

Even worse than Bird Flu!

Reply to
Hachiroku

What about Jack Hoffa, the guy who peaks into your window??

Reply to
Sharx35

I was 9 years from being born so counts me out, and being from the UK ive only had french and jap :)

Coyoteboy

at 09:47 AM

contains

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha...............yeah. Jimmy Hoffas' in trunk of my 72' Toyota, any advice?

-hbuck

Reply to
hbuck

"Sharx35" ...

, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So *that's* your real name, huh?

Natalie, running like hell

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Burn the car. It nust friggin STINK!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

"Hachiroku" :

Nah, he should be dried out by now

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

........Just to take this off the topic. We will be going on a Scout campout this weekend. It is predicted to be in the 20's at night. I will have my trusty LED light and a bottle in the tent!!!! I will have a spare sleeping bag in the car - in case I miss the bottle.

-----------------------

It would have been better had you stayed on topic. Is it me, or is this too much information? Now I'm picturing all these little scouts following your lead and having pissy bedclothes somewhere in the woods..

ugh..

Isn't it usually perverts that become scout leaders (gymnastic coaches, priests and volleyball coaches) anyway? CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

This is taught in the offical Boy Scout cold weather camping course.

If you were a Scout you would have known. When was the last time you got

out of bed and it at 19 degrees F? You would be looking for serious options. Keep in mind, this could happen to you if an ice storm hits and takes the power lines down.

If any of those "cry babies" in New Orleans had any Scout training, they would not be crying on TV, begging for food and water. "Be prepared" is the Scout motto.

Reply to
ma_twain

This is taught in the offical Boy Scout cold weather camping course. If you were a Scout you would have known. When was the last time you got out of bed and it at 19 degrees F? You would be looking for serious options. Keep in mind, this could happen to you if an ice storm hits and takes the power lines down. If any of those "cry babies" in New Orleans had any Scout training, they would not be crying on TV, begging for food and water. "Be prepared" is the Scout motto ===================

I've been in Florida most of the last 18 years so not much chance of my needing to pee at 19 degress in a black out.

I was in the military and we used to pee in bottles in the back of the gamma goat goin' down the autobaun in the FRG. And we used to empty it on the road as we went. But I don't see how I would think anyone would find that interesting, just necessary.

Scouting always seemed so gay to me.

I think everyone should be required at least one year of military service. I seem to remember most of the ones who dropped out of basic training in the cold dawn hours (mostly) were from the south. Too bad. If they waited a few more hours, it really warmed up (into the 30's and

40's) most of those (high drop out days).

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano