heater fan Toyota Corolla '94

Have a '94 Corolla. The heater fan quit today. There was no warning, i.e. one speed or other problem. I called local dealer to try to find fuse or fusible link. No help. Kick panel on driver's side says it is located under "kick assist panel". No idea where it is. Can anyone help me? Any idea on cause of problem?

Reply to
hayhay

There is another fuse box under the hood. If you have a volt meter, check for voltage at the blower motor. If there is voltage at the motor, then the motor may be bad. If there is no voltage at the motor, check voltage in to and out of the resistor pack mounted by the blower, then continue to work your way backwards towards the power source.

Reply to
Ray O

To check the motor do I have to take dash apart? Where is the resistor pack? Is there a fuse? Thanks.

Reply to
hayhay

You should not have to take the dash apart to check the motor. You can probably see the motor by looking under the passenger side of the dashboard.

The resistor pack is located in front of the blower squirrel cage, which is attached to the motor. Problems with the resistor pack is probably the most common cause of blower motors not working.

I do not know if the blower in your car is protected by a fuse, fusible link, or circuit breaker.

Reply to
Ray O

Have you tried your local Toyota dealer, they should be able to help?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Thanks for the advice. Turns out it was just a loose connection at the blower. I guess vibration loosened it. Thanks again.

Reply to
hayhay

You're welcome!

Reply to