I blew up a Camry today (first time!)

I've got nearly 300k on my 89 Cressida. It ___ LIKES ____ full throttle.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I think, to say, that Toys can't be driven at full throttle is bunk...

Yes, if you have a weak component, it may break, but I just can't buy the fact that a Toy will blow up if you accelerate at full throttle...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Nothing, as long as the engine is sound.

Reply to
Ray O

There is no harm done to an engine from full throttle acceleration.

Reply to
Ray O

very long time. My dad was a car dealer during the

Ford dealership before that, and full throttle

engine noise could be alright. But, full throttle as a

Speed for any reason because I really like it when

The manufacture warranty covers "Warp Speed for any reason" all day, every day!

Reply to
Danny G.

=========================================== Possibly a wrist pin clip released?

Reply to
nospampls2002

I can't see that doing much damage(?)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and by local standards, that ain't half bad. You can't touch a half-acre lot with a house of any size on it around here for under a million bucks. A run of the mill, 30- or 40-year-old, 3-bedroom suburban ranch house on a quarter-acre lot costs upward of $750K. If it's within short commuting distance of Silicon Valley, make that

*way* upward.

There are lots of newer houses, particularly in outlying areas, but the vast majority of them are ugly, built on tiny lots (say,

0.1 to 0.18 acre), are way too close together, and have no yard to speak of. Two-story homes have made a comeback, because that's the only way a house of reasonable size can be made to fit on one of those tiny lots.

To make matters worse, most new houses here are of this "open-plan" design that's all the rage now, where the kitchen is essentially in the living room. And for some reason new houses aren't painted actual colors anymore; they're all the color of wet cement. With all those square miles of battleship gray, a typical housing devel- opment makes me think of the Mothball Fleet that's achored over in Suisun Bay.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller