Junk? You decide...

And if they can sell them for less, even with the added cost, you know the reliabilty of cheap parts will rear their ugly heads. And they have.

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!

Why do you always say I want people to buy Fords, MDT? If I were going to promote a brand, like you guys do in this NG, it would not be Ford. I own 5,000 shares of GM.

I don't care what one does with their own money. My problem with Toyota is that the are taking far more out of this country than they contribute. Their vehicles are simply over priced, that is why I not longer buy them. Considering the are primarily operating in foreign countries that do not have the regulations with which domestic have to contend or in US taxpayer subsidized plants in states with lower labor, parts and benefits costs than domestic have, they should be far cheaper not more expensive than domestics.

If that was a business I controlled I would lower my prices, offer a superior product and drive my competition out of business. That is how I built my business, good product at a fair price and passing on the savings of economies of scale on to more customers with even lower prices.

That is how Henry Ford built his business, as well. Every year he dropped the price of the model 'T' to sell more cars to more people. Even the poor people could buy a model 'T'

Honda actually build the cars they sell in the US here in the US In Toyotas case we have good hard working Americans passing their hard earned money off shore, tax free, to a Japanese corporation that builds cars that, on average, are no better than any other manufacture. Toyota will pull production out ot this country if they ever get control of the lions share of the market here.

Think it will not happen? That is exactly what Toyota has done in their OWN country. They now build the majority of their vehicles outside of Japan in low cost countries. They are building more plants in China to sell them in Japan and in Mexico to sell in the US, as we speak. In the not too distant future it is likely the only Japanese vehicles built in the California will wear a GM badge like the Vibe

mike hunt

"Liberals=Angry Losers!" wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com:

You are an ignoramus. You are the sort who at one point in history would have insisted that "miasma" causes disease just because you couldn't actually SEE the germs with your own eyes.

It matters not one whit where the dough goes in the world. It all ends up back home at some point. Currency is not wealth. *Productivity* is wealth.

Reply to
TeGGeR®