SkyTag, best aircraft tag laser..

I finally got my SkyTag green laser light. This thing is great, USB adapter to plug into your laptop or PC, set the SkyTag in your window or better yet on the roof of your house on your laptop. It's built in GPS locates itself and tracks any incoming aircraft.

I have to say, the laser is VERY bright and is visible up to 22 miles by the naked eye. You need a internet connection, 56k will do since the flight data is pretty well compact, most hourly recordings under 1mb. I'm on multiple T3 so I am able to download weekly paths (minus small aircraft schedules) at a time.

Working it is a breeze and it's very neat to watch it rotate, find and tag any aircraft, you would very surprised how much aircraft travels over your home without your knowledge. Price is $150 via thinkgeek.com which is the lowest I have found it, for anyone interested check it out:

Josh

Ray O

Just check the legal info link on the page I provided, should explain everything you need to know. :)

Reply to
Josh

Sorry for the lack of OT tag.

Reply to
Josh

You might think of including an 'adult' tag too sonny...most of us are grownups here.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

April fools?

Reply to
Josh

Good one Josh!!!

Reply to
Ray O

The F.B.I. does not play april fools jokes.

Reply to
dbu~

Nor do most adults...practical jokes are for children...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Including your self in "grown-ups"? Feh.

Reply to
gburnore

No, they're fools ALL the time.

Reply to
gburnore

The FBI doesn't call people in Florida from their DC offices about USENet posts. Had he said his LOCAL office called, that would have been different.

Reply to
gburnore

It makes a loud noise.

Reply to
gburnore

Indeed. To bad the neocons don't know a good joke when they hear it. Like everything else, it has to be spoon fed with disclaimers.

Reply to
gburnore

wow I had no idea the neocons would flip out so much, I should have known. Pretty funny. At least a few people enjoyed it. If you would have read the legal information button on the website the site would describe to you that it was an April FOOLS joke. I thought it was obvious since pointing lasers at planes is obviously stupid.

From the site:

"Seriously though, ThinkGeek does NOT condone or endorse shooting lasers at airplanes. Not only is it illegal, it's really, really stupid. This product is an April Fools joke, it's not real, and we hope it never is. Thanks, and back to your regularly scheduled fun."

We all had fun with this on other MSG Boards and got into discussion about the use of these things, too bad some of you guys in here walk around with sticks up your asses.

Reply to
Josh

humor us some more josh big fellow. and hi again to old fiend tom, where ya been old timer hunting snakes again in Oregon?

Reply to
dbu-

"Josh" wrote

er, Josh, I don't think that is a stick. BFG, Ha Ha , Joke Joke nudge nudge wink wink etc.

-- winGNuT

Reply to
WingNut