L8tr...gotta roll some cigs...

Just cause my ancestors came from the French part of Canada doesn't mean I automatically like drinking Frontenac lager, either.

I have never liked beer. It tastes something like a cross between dog piss and cough syrup, plus aluminum can.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Hmm, my last girlfriend accused me of doing a lot of things like a girl. Wonder if that's why I don't like beer?

GD&R

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Dad used to smoke short, unfiltered Camels. When I was about 5, I thought smoking was so cool. Dad had just lit one, so I snuck it out of the ashtray and started puffing on it. He made me smoke all 78 mm of it. I turned SOOOOO green.

Oddly enough he smoked until the late 90's, when he was in his 60's.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

An important question: Exactly what are you drinking that's labelled beer?

Reply to
witfal

I think I see the problem here. IMO, there isn't a single liquid that comes in a can that should be called beer.

Reply to
witfal

Percentages, Nat. Percentages.

Maybe they have a deficient deficiency.

Reply to
witfal

Whoa. That begs the question: How does she know what other women do, and in what context?

Reply to
witfal

"Wickeddoll®" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.evilcabal.org:

The Canadian province of Manitoba still has (so far as I know) no minimum drinking age. If you're under 18, you legally need to have the alcohol with a meal, and somebody 18 or over has to be with you.

Hawaii's minimum age was 18 as late as 1985. My younger sister was 18 that year, and we had a bit of a tussle with a waiter at a luau because she had no ID with her and he therefore refused to serve her. I had to buy her drinks for her.

The province of Ontario's current minimum age is 19. Supposedly they card up to 25. I've never been carded, for some strange reason...

Reply to
Tegger

"Wickeddoll®" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.evilcabal.org:

Mmmmm....beer. Drool...

Reply to
Tegger

You're asking me to remember beer labels?!? The last of which was prob. tried at least 10 years ago? Whatever others were having & handing out. IOW, a variety.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"n5hsr" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Seventy-eight millimeters?

Who measured this thing, and why was it necessary to be so precise??

Reply to
Tegger

"Cathy F." wrote in news:OcqdneqCLMLGmCDbRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

This is a well-known phenomenon. Hot weather makes beer sales skyrocket. Brewers have private altars to hot weather, and regularly genuflect before them.

A brewer's worst nightmare is a cold, wet summer.

Beer is bitter. The bitterness is what most people don't like.

If you like grapefruit with no sugar, you're more likely to enjoy beer.

Reply to
Tegger

"Tegger" ...

"n5hsr" said:

Hubby slugs it back year-round.

That would be my man...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Obviously you've never had Spud-Wiser. Or maybe you HAVE. . . .

GD&R

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Since Cathy's in New Jerk, it's probably Spudwiser.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

  1. I'm not supposed to eat grapefruits. Messes up the Lipitor.

  1. Never did like bitter. Makes me want to gag. Did enough of that when I was small.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Supposedly she would know because she IS one, and what she's talking about doesn't necessarily need to involve more than one person.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

78 mm was the standard length of Camels, it's more or less 3 inches. This was before they came out with 100 mm cigarettes in the late 60's. Even then, though they were known as Camel shorts. I think he'd started smoking them in Korea.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

witfal wrote in news:f9j29f$kq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

It's a tradeoff.

Cans impart a metallic taste, but glass bottles tend to go skunky sooner.

Ideally you drink the stuff at the brewery.

One of these days I will visit Ground Zero of beer, the pub "U Fleku", in the Czech Republic.

I have problems though, and they are twofold: 1) lack of money and time to travel such a distance, and 2) even though my ancestry is Czech, I don't speak the language beyond some swear words and a few nouns.

Reply to
Tegger

witfal wrote in news:f9j2ah$kq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Ah, yes. They're deficiently deficient.

They are deficient in the property of deficiency.

Sorry, but I must go. My head is full.

Reply to
Tegger