L8tr...gotta roll some cigs...

Very possibly.

A guess a Sloe Gin Fizz or a Singapore Sling is out of the question? ;-P (Actually, I haven't had either one of those for umpteen years, & even I might find them repulsively sweet at this point.)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I haven't had a S-Sling for over thirty years, and that isn't long enough. ;-(

Reply to
witfal

I stuff "inject" mine.. I bought a premier supermatic machine at the first of the year when the taxes bumped a buck a pack. Saves me a load of $$$$ vs store bought.. MK

Reply to
nm5k

Too bad its not 6.50 a cigerette. You would have a much better time.

Reply to
GoMavs

BTW, why do the English have warm beer?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Other things were far better to suck, eh?

Reply to
sharx35

What about cum? Swallow or spit?

Reply to
sharx35

Canada #1 Medium sells for $9.99 CDN a litre up here in Edmonton. Never again that HORRIBLE corn syrup or fake maple syrup.

Reply to
sharx35

I had to read that one twice. I didn't have my glasses on straight. I thought it said Canadian Molson sels for $9.99 /litre.

Unfortunately I'm diabetic, so I have to go with the fake maple syrup. I miss the real stuff.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Wish I'd started rolling my own years ago!!

(Of course, quitting entirely would be the best thing...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

How does that work? I think they're ~$45-55 aren't thay?

Reply to
Hachiroku

"n5hsr" wrote in news:_dadneXbL99vqSDbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Because they use Lucas refrigerators.

That's an oldie-moldie. :)

Reply to
Tegger

I was wondering how long it'd take you to figure that one out on your own... There may yet be hope.

And as a side benefit, you get to find out what food really tastes like again, and how to greet the morning without a coughing fit.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

On Aug 11, 4:58 am, Hachiroku =E3=83=8F=E3=83=81=E3=83=AD=E3=82=AF wrote:

Yea, thats about the price.. In the 40's usually.. Beats the heck out of rolling, if that is what you are doing. The cigs I make look the same as a storebought. Have filters, etc..Also I can make all three sizes.. regular, kings, 100's.. There is a little slot in the top front of the machine. You fill it with the shredded plant matter, and then stick a tube onto the little nipple on the side. Crank the handle, and it's a cig.. I can churn out about 4-5 a minute without really trying hard. I just got a new shipment of shredded plant matter and tubes yersterday.. I buy 3 lb's at a time, along with 6 boxes of tubes. Makes 6 cartons. At the price I pay for a 3lb refill kit, it costs me about 1.08 per pack including shipping. Still beats the heck out of 3.25++ for storebought generics. And like you say, I think the shredded plant matter I get is better than the storebought. Seems fresher.. I can also get different kinds. I've got 14 types of high end stuff.. IE: Bali shag, Rowlands, London Export, turkish blends, etc, etc... Even with the highest quality stuff, it's still way cheaper than storebought. I'll usually churn cigs while I watch TV, etc.. I take those plastic containers that koolaid comes in. I then cut the inward bevel off the top so the top opening is as large as the side walls. Those make great cig storage containers. I call them "80 packs". They hold 80 easy, usually about 84... Good for road trips, etc.. I also have more normal containers... I like the "smokie" fliptop packs the best. But I also have a few premier packs. One will reverse the top and hold either kings, or 100's. I'm saving almost $100 a month vs the generics I used to buy. I bought the supermatic cuz it's metal and looked like it would hold up better than some of the plastic models. I've already cranked out several thousand cigs since I bought it at the beginning of the year. 3 lb's =3D about 1200 cigs. Actually, after cranking out 1200 tubes, I'll still have a little of the 3 lb's of shredded plant matter left.. So every once in a while I'll have to buy an extra box of tubes to crank the leftover shredded plant matter that builds up. MK

Reply to
nm5k

I have a $5 "Injector"; you load the tobacco, place a tube on the end and shove. Slow. That's why those machines you're describing look good, but not just yet...

As for a cigarette case, my singer gave me a 'travel' q-tip box...looks like a casette box with a flip open top. Carries about 12-14 depending how much I stuff them.

I get some nice, soft, fresh tobacco called RAVE for about $6, and a bag of "hay" (the dried out crap) for $6. The RAVE is a little fruity tasting, but a bit too light; the "hay" stuff is stronger, so I mix 2/3 RAVE and

1/3 "hay", and they come out just right. Comes out to about 65 cents a pack...
Reply to
Hachiroku

snip

I've been reading this thread with great interest. Here in Ohio, the good cigs are around $40 per carton. I used a manual roll-your-own a few years ago but it was really aimed at the folks who smoke what they get out of their flower beds. It finally got to the point where the 'shredded plant matter' was mostly stems that tore the paper so I went back to the commercial ones.

Then, after 2 heart attacks and quad bypass about 10 years ago, I'm now saving around $80 to $100 per week.

Think about it guys and girls. Do you really want the enjoyment I got out of them?

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP