LeBra on a Toyota

Hi All..

I'm thinking of buying a LeBra for my Toyota Sienna van, and wanted to know if someone has had one on their car / van, what the pros / cons are ?

I've heard that the paint under the part where the LeBra is fitted is a different color after a couple of years (because it's covered )

But is that really noticeable on a silver colored car ?

And is there any kind of protective film that I can put under the LeBra, so that the dirt doesn't consolidate under it ?

Thanks

Reply to
User

They usually come with some protective tape, but it does not seem to hold up well in the weather. So, what happens is the tape goes away; then the Bra starts flapping in the wind, and rubbing against the paint.

So, you get your choice of not buying one and having the paint ruined by stone chips, or buying one and having the paint worn off but vinyl rubbing against it...

Reply to
Hachiroku

A) of course it will fade around it, and it wont be as noticable on silver but it will be there. B) Whats the point in protecting the paint at the front of the car if you are never going to see it again?

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I know people that bought bras for the vehicle but I don' know of anybody that bought one for there NEXT vehicle. Dirt gets under them as you drive and the paint get marked by the dirty vibrating bra.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

As you may have read from other's responses, the bra will deleterious to your paint. I have them for my vehicles. I only put them on when going on trips where most of the travel will be on the freeway. I make sure to wax the front of the car beforehand and then remove the bra afterwards. Washing the car after the trip should be called for as well.

Reply to
Viperkiller

There's also the fact that dust gets underneath those things and chafes the paint.

One gets the impression that this bra is more trouble than it's worth.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Cleaning the under side of bra would be a good idea as well.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Toyota used to offer an OEM front end mask, it was discontinued after a year or 2.

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, stick one or more of your hands on there, feel around real good, and check that everything is nice and firm.

(Natalie was wondering how long it would take! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

A LeBra belongs on your wife not your car!

Reply to
Homie Jay Simpson

His wife does not were a bra. ;)

mike hunt