matrix vs. pontiac vibe

It's too bad the depreciation is so much greater on the Pontiac.

Reply to
Whatsup

If true, then I might consider the Pontiac variation myself. I think it's better looking than the Matrix, anyway. However, around here the Toyota dealer will deal. Maybe he's better connected than the dealer in your area and gets higher priority for cars or something.

You do raise a reasonable doubt and if I was planning to buy a Matrix, I probably would have checked the deals at Pontiac, anyway. Could be the Pontiac dealer would have a reason to really make a deal when I walked in and it's still a Toyota under the trim.

Reply to
DH

SNIP

Depreciation is immaterial if you plan to drive it until it dies.

When my wife bought her 2004 Solara they dealer offered her $200 for her banged-up 95 Corolla with 130K miles. How's that for depreciation? BTW, I'm happily driving that car to work every day.

At a certain point it just makes sense to keep a car until the bitter end.

Reply to
Sean Elkins