Need help with 2002 Sienna power door problem...

I recently purchased a 2002 Toyota Sienna with a power sliding passenger door. However, when the door is closing it gets to about 3" from completely closing and then automatically opens again. In order to get it to close completely I have to push it slightly with my hand. I have checked the tracts and there is no obstruction. Any ideas how to correct this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
CJ

Turn the power door control button to the off position (where you can't see the red on the button). Disconnect the - battery cable for a minute or so. Reconnect, and then turn the system back on with the same button. Open the door and see if it worked. Thats the pricedure for 'recalibrating' the system. Post if you need help, or if it doesn't work.

Reply to
Qslim

Hey Qslim, you're a genius! I followed your instructions and eureka....the door now closes by itself! Most of the time, that is. It works fine about

75% of the time but about every 3rd or 4th close it still reopens. At least now my wife can close the door without having to give it a push. Any ideas as to what else might be ailing it? Sure appreciate your response.
Reply to
CJ

If it keeps actiing up you likely have one or more problems with the motor or cables that control the door action being out of adjustment or damaged, and I would recommend finding a Toyota tech who is competent. We see problems with those doors frequently, enough to know what it will take to fix with a cursory inspection.

Reply to
Qslim