no dash lights

hi i have no dash lights n a garage cant tell me whats wrong because its not charging my car is a 86 space cruiser thanks

Reply to
jayb

If the alternator is not charging the battery, you would not have any power to any electrical accessory or system.

The first thing to check is the rheostat that controls the instrument panel light brightness, then check power passing through the rheostat, then trace forwards or backwards in the circuit from there with a multi-meter or test light until you find where the power or ground is interrupted.

Reply to
Ray O

If you also have no Tail Lights, then you have a blown fuse.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland