Off-Topic: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I would not want his good reputation to be tarnished, LOL.

Reply to
The ambivalent dbu.

What goes around, comes around. Or, the sins of the father... At least there wasn't someone else involved.

Reply to
badgolferman

Hi Nat!

Interesting that there has been no raid on his doctors offices for records that might show "doctor shopping" before they let the story out. (a la Rushbo)

I am aware that Ambien is addictive but I don't recall ever reading of someone od'ing on it and going to rehab.

His picture makes him look pretty "used up" to me for someone so young.

Ron

Reply to
ron

He's an elected official to boot. Rush L. was a private citizen hounded by a political vendetta. So where is the political backlash for Kennedy? This is saying, if you are a Kennedy and a democrat you can get away with anything. God, this stuff is getting so obvious it's a wonder that nobody picks it up. They all must be sleeping or turned the other way.

Reply to
The ambivalent dbu.

Or perhaps that behavior is SOP so it is OK...

Reply to
Ray O

Hey!

You can't raid doctor's offices, but you can scout pharmacies to see if they've been jumping around. I suppose a corrupt worker in the doc's office could leak a story, but that's SO risky for not only the person, but the doctor's license.

Ambien only puts you to sleep - as far as I know, it has no euphoric properties. Of course, if you take too much, maybe it does. I happen to use it sometimes myself, and all I do is pass out after just 10 mg.

Maybe he augments it with alcohol, or something else.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Can Ambien be purchased over the counter in small quantities, small dose? Could it be displayed under another name?

Reply to
The ambivalent dbu.

No - it's a controlled substance

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Tnx Natalie. I was just curious about a sleep product. Sometimes I have trouble sleeping, but I can do without drugs I guess.

Just to keep it in theme, I lay awake dreaming about Toyota cars and trucks, LOL.

Reply to
The ambivalent dbu.

"The ambivalent dbu."...

If you can, that's best. They're usually more mentally addictive than physical (You simply get used to them). That's why I only use them sparingly, so that I don't train myself to rely on them.

You need better dreams...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

At least the time ain't wasted eh?... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

That's for sure. Have a great weekend Natalie.

Reply to
The ambivalent dbu.

Backatcha!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I could be wrong, but I don't think Michael Skakel, the convicted murderer, is a blood Kennedy. I think Skakel's only related to the Kennedys by marriage.

For those who may have forgotten this old story, Skakel was "convicted in the 1975 murder of a teenage neighbor," Martha Moxley. Skakel, who was fifteen at the time, used a golf club.

Skakel definitely is not a "blood Kennedy"--thank goodness! Just found the info below:

The "Skakel brothers are sons of Rushton Skakel, who is brother of Ethel Kennedy, widow of Robert F Kennedy." So I suppose Ethel's maiden name was Skakel. What a relief!

Reply to
Built_Well

Oh I wasn't suggesting it was genetic. Maria Shriver and Caroline Kennedy are blood kin, and have managed to lead productive lives. No, I think it's environmental. They're a product of those around them, but some managed to rise above it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

And let's not forget Maryland Lieutenant Governor Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, "the oldest of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Skakel's 11 children." She served Maryland for 8 years from

1995 to 2003.
Reply to
Built_Well