Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Jeff Strickland" ...

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Reminds me of 30 or so years ago, when it finally dawned on them. But then, what happened? The cars got bigger again, maxing out with SUVs! The pendulum swings one way, smacks into the wall, swings the other way, smacks into the other wall..

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I bet you're not the only one. ;-D

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

They've really stepped in it this time, though. It's a make-or-break situation.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Then I clicked on the link for Which hybrids make financial sense? which took me to a good summary of all the hybrids.

Guess what - They compare the Prius to the Matrix - the Corolla, not the Camry. Maybe this settles that discussion... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

A little slow on the uptake perhaps?

Reply to
Truckdude

"Truckdude" ...

Thirty years...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Obviously new vehicles will have to be designed and made by GM, FORD, CHRYSLER but that in reality is not enough. They MUST lower their current and future overhead to have any hope. Issues such as taxes, retirement pay, healthcare, wages, bonuses, and everything else required to run the business must be dealt with in a significant manner.

Reply to
badgolferman

But can they get themselves down to the thriftiness of Toyota's production? Minus the bloat, I mean.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®