{OT} admitted lousy leader

WASHINGTON - Add House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to the list of Americans who think Congress is doing a lousy job.

Hours after touting the Democratic-controlled Congress' achievements at a ceremony on the Capitol steps Thursday, Pelosi confessed that she would give the legislative body low marks if a pollster asked her.

"I know that Congress has low approval ratings," Pelosi, D-Calif., said at her weekly news conference. "I don't approve of Congress, because we haven't done anything that ? we haven't been effective in ending the war in Iraq. And if you asked me in a phone call, as ardent a Democrat as I am, I would disapprove of Congress as well."

--------------------

Even Pelosi admits she can't herd these cats! Maybe she should step aside and let someone who knows what they're doing take a shot at it. Then again, maybe not! I kind of like it like this. Congress is so incredibly inept right now maybe the people will be willing to throw the entire lot out.

Reply to
badgolferman

The Democratic party is a real political party, so naturally it's harder to lead than the Republican party, which is a mindless cult.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

Too bad there's no such thing as introspect and honesty in the White House.

Enjoy it while you can, 'crying time' will be here before you know it.

Reply to
F.H.

GWB is a TWICE-elected president of the strongest nation on earth. YOU, FH, on the otherhand are a NOBODY who can't even control his own household......situated on a riverbed, to boot.

Reply to
sharx35