{OT} admitted terrorist sympathizers

Civil rights lawyer Lynne Stewart arrived at her sentencing packed for prison. The 67-year-old, convicted of helping a jailed terrorist sheik communicate with his disciples, smiled through tears as the judge announced the sentence Monday.

Instead, Stewart walked out of the courtroom unshackled, free pending appeal of a 28-month sentence after a judge took into account her career of standing up for the most unpopular clients.

The judge said there was ample evidence she had smuggled messages between her client, Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman, and senior members of an Egyptian-based terrorist organization ? messages he said could have had "potentially lethal consequences." But the judge noted no one was harmed as a result.

[more]

or

badgolferman

A related article. This is hillarys deep pockes:

dbu

The best thing GWB can do for the court system is replace all these liberal judges...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That would certainly set us back 100 years or so.

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

I remember Dianne Feinstein showing that terrible assault weapon in a hearing to ban guns some years ago.

The gun was a Barrett .50 with a tripod, well over 4' long and probably 40 pounds are so. She was standing there saying how it was "assault rifles" such as this that were being used in everyday shootings and drive by's!

This is the Dem mentality. I sure wish Nacy and Harry were on more of the talk shows. I wonder why the media isn't showing them?

Reply to
ron

You guys make yourselves look like traitors by your venomous attacks on the president. There is a difference between critical opposition and downright viciousness.

Reply to
dbu

After they take control the first firearm and so called assault weapons, the definition of that isn't clear, but they will work at it. they'll also go after is handguns. Registration, limit number of purchases in a given time frame for starters. Eventually if they gain enough power, limit ammunition in some goofy way or make it difficult or too expensive to purchase. Go after gun manufactures like big tobbaco. The list goes on and on until a down right ban on all firearms, this is their ultimate goal.

Reply to
dbu

It's the sum total of all citizens armed that would make a totalitarian government think twice.

Reply to
badgolferman

Not me. I like target shooting.

The 2nd Amendment allowed for a militia, and allowed for the military weapons of the time.

There's a big difference between an armed populace and a few kooks in Waco.

The ".38 in the nightstand" isn't what the 2nd Amendment was designed to allow either. A Ruger Ranch rifle might be a good start though.

If we try to enact laws to control guns in the US, the only people who will have guns are the bad guys. They'll smuggle them in through the same borders that we can't keep drugs or people from crossing.

That doesn't seem to me like a good plan.

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

What venomous hate of Americans and support of terrorists? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

Our founding fathers were pretty smart....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

This quote has been around before, but seems germane especially given the big brother tendencies of the past several administrations:

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

-- Judge Alex Kozinski, 9th Cir. Ct. of Appeals.

TAK

Reply to
tak

The Ninth circuit actually has a judge that understands the concept of the

2nd amendment? I am shocked.

As far as I know, Dianne Feinstein is the only resident of San Francisco with a concealed carry permit! I also read somewhere she had special legislation passed to allow her to become a deputy US marshall so she can carry thru airports.

Reply to
ron

Typical Dim....

Do as I say, not as I do....

Never trust a Dim with anything....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Like everything else, they pull it out of their asses. It is the modern republican way.

Reply to
Truckdude

Instead of living in your idealistic world, grow up and face the real world. It is not a fairyland you live in, that is the democrat way, and you drink it in like kool-aid. You like your pickups and 4WD? That is the enemy of your heros, it will have to go.

cheers

Reply to
dbu

Stupid LIEbrawl judges have ALREADY set back justice over 100 years. Yeah, justice may be blind but when LIEbrawl judges are involved, it is also stupid.

Reply to
sharx35

I couldn't agree more with 95% of what you said, you ought to post more. Playing into the hands of those who truly hate America is what America's leftists are doing these days, but they think it's okay to do that now so they can regain power. The short-sightedness of this strategy is the true evil that is being perpetrated against the American people.

There will always be those who disagree with the established power structure, but at a time like now where we have been attacked in our homeland we ought to join together and direct our attention at our enemies instead of tearing ourselves apart.

Reply to
badgolferman

It's all part of the Neo-Con movement, which I am starting to think should be called the Neo-Con Cabal. The more you look into it, the more frightening it is.

That's an excellent quote.

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

I remember seeing some documents that suggested that the Brady's had a handgun for home protection at the same time as they were publicly trying to take away everyone else's guns.

Reply to
Stuart Krivis