OT: Bad news for Jed

Catchy title - alliteration & a couple of puns included. But doesn't it need an apostrophe? Lynne Truss'd have her can of editing paint ready to go! But I never read Reader's (again! ;-P) Digest - is it still published/sold? I don't even know, so it'd be lost on me...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Joe seems to be the 7th son of the7th son

Reply to
Jonas Grumby

Holy crow, no! Once they hit 2nd, they're nothing like Kdg. or pre-K! It's age, plain & simple.

The musketeers and their posse of ass lickers (Mark,

Oh. Well... ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Sure, have you been to the dentist lately? It's even available in huge type.

Reply to
dbu,.

Yeah, but my dentist carries Time. Which I always read when there because I get Newsweek, but not Time. And there're issues of something else... something primarily male-oriented (sports-y) - which I ignore, to the point of not remembering the title! But not Reader's Digest.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

ROFLMAO! So, I have created some precedents here? GOOD! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Sure is. I gave my Mom a scrip for Christmas. Of course, I get them when she's done! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hey, Cath...he was talking about Scott, .dbu, Charles and me. Not the kids you teach...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

See my "Oh. Well... ;-P" comment below.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Speaking of the periodicals in doctors' offices reminds me of the story of the guy who read a few while waiting for the dentist, and when he got in the chair, remarked to the dentist "Say, Isn't it a tragedy about what happened to the Hindenburg??? (Actually, I heard of a doctor in the Santa Barbara area who was enough of a wag to equip his waiting room with all ancient magazines, like Collier's, Liberty, Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, etc. ...and his patients loved 'em!)

Reply to
mack

Just be careful, the tiles are so hard at the home, I wouldn't want you out of commission. I might need another pass sometime.

Reply to
tak

Jeb is an exception to the rule because he's the only Bush brother whose stay in the womb wasn't accompanied by a constant supply of alcohol from his mother.

Reply to
beerspill

I put a carpet over the tiles...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Those old magazines are collectors items now.

Reply to
dbu,.

YOU, then, are obviously a VERY young sibling.

Reply to
sharx35

And they are very good tools to have in your collection when faced with obfuscation. When people start to focus more on *why* something was said, rather than

*what* was said, it's good to have some extra tools in your pencil box.

But actually, in the whole grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. The Earth still revolves around the sun, and the sun still revolves around some point in the galaxy, and the galaxy revolves around some point in the universe, and the universe is spiralling away from the Big Bang, the explosion that 'created' it all. Whether it be in a laboratory experiment gone right, or awry, or a spark in a child's mind.

What difference does it make.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B