OT Brought to you by the weaker dollar

IndyMac fails Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae got bailed out Budwiser is bought by a German Company

Reply to
Fat Moe

Germany & Belgium do share a border, & a small percentage of Belgians speak German, but otherwise...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

So what? Remember the S&L failures?

Government bailouts just create bigger treasury deficits and more bureaucracy

German or Danish? Adolphus Busch was German born but went to school in Belgium. Traditionally it makes perfect sense.

Reply to
badgolferman

Hubby's aggravated about this, for some reason. I figure *some* rich corporation will be making money, so I don't care who that is.

Besides, I *hate* beer. But you knew that.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Beer history dates back a ways. Original beer makers came from ,.. you know where. I guess it makes a full circle. Do not be concerned, Bud is still Bud regardless who owns the name. It's the taste that counts. Personally, I prefer Miller Lite, but I'm not much of a beer drinker anyway, the stuff tastes good though on a warm summer day, with a little POPCORN!!!

Reply to
dbu

I still don't get it. It's bitter, it's hard to drink, and it makes your belly fat.

Yuck.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

All booze makes your belly fat.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

But *most* people don't consume as much of other booze as they do beer. Volume, volume, volume.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Gas, if you drink too much. I don't. Think popcorn, I don't do popcorn much either. My doc says everything in moderation. Take it to the bank or whatever is left of them, LOL.

Reply to
dbu

As health professionals like yourself know, there are four major food groups:

  1. Tastes good, is good for you 2. Tastes good, is bad for you 3. Tastes bad, is good for you 4. Tastes bad, is bad for you

Are you saying beer is in group 4?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

"larry moe 'n curly" ...

Wickeddoll® wrote:

As health professionals like yourself know, there are four major food groups:

  1. Tastes good, is good for you 2. Tastes good, is bad for you 3. Tastes bad, is good for you 4. Tastes bad, is bad for you

Are you saying beer is in group 4?

LMC

*ding-ding-ding*

Tell him what he won, Johnny!