{OT} caddies -->joke<--

"Well, Ted, you're certainly coming up in the world. What's the idea of playing golf with not one, but two caddies!"

"Oh, it was my wife's idea."

"Your wife?"

"Yeah," answers Ted, "She thought I should spend more time with the kids."

Reply to
badgolferman

:-)

BGM, you'll have to explain the appeal of golf to me sometime. I find it excruciatingly boring.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I can't explain it. Play it sometime and you will understand.

The best I can say is it's an extremely difficult game to play well. On the occassional times where the stars are lined up right and you're on your game, the feeling of having control over where that little ball goes is a sensation you must experience. It's also one of the few games where an amateur has an outside shot at besting a professional on the same playing field.

Reply to
badgolferman

I HAVE. I tried it many times. Snoozeville. Just not enough action for me.

Well, I'm not looking to change professions.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It's only a snoozer on TV, playing is actually kinda fun. I played a few times, but gave up -- but that's just me.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Exactly - it's so excruciatingly slow-moving. I gave it plenty of tries, believe me. Snore-o-rama.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You wouldn't say that if you hit a 250 yd drive right down the middle, lasered a 150 yd 7-iron to five feet from the flag, and curled a putt into the center of the hole for a birdie!

Reply to
badgolferman

*backing away, slowly...*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I am re-certifying for climbing and rappelling instructor this weekend along with son #2 and son #3. Lots more fun than golf!

Reply to
Ray O

I get a big kick out of getting past the windmill....

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

LOL My kind of golf

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You climb up and you climb down. Exciting?

Reply to
Bryan

To each his own.

My turbine powered boat project;

Larry

Reply to
larry

Actually, you climb up and rappel down. It's not as exciting for me as it is for the Scouts I teach because most 11-year-olds have not stood at the edge of a cliff or tower, leaned backwards over the edge of the cliff, and trusted someone else's rigging to keep them from hitting the deck. Hopefully, there is no excitement for me because it means that someone is hung up or injured on the face and I have to go up to the victim and lower them to the ground or raise them to the top while hanging from a rope.

Reply to
Ray O

The T58 is cool. I was trained to work on those in the Coast Guard, although went into C-130s and not helicopters.

I've always wondered if that story about the engineer who designed the 3D cam going nuts was true.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

I think that was the point.

Reply to
Martin

Does my punctuation really have to be correct in order to reply?

My point was to recognize the individualized appreciation of each sport or activity. Me, I don't find golf to be a spectator sport and am perplexed by the enthusiasm of the gallery. I do however appreciate the personal and fulfilling reward of developing a skill and being able to demonstrate to self or to others the mastery of the skill. Soccer, when understood, is an exciting game, but really (I doubt) won't ever have the made for tv qualities of basketball and football. Rock climbing does get very exciting when things aren't going well!

Reply to
Bryan

LOL! no.

Well said, my sentiments exactly.

No offense intended for the golfers in this ng, but the top ten reasons golf I don't play golf are:

10) I prefer natural settings in the woods, wilderness, mountains, lakes, etc. over a landscaped setting. 9) I stink at golf. (yes, there are Japanese businessmen who do not appreciate lots of gardening and golf). 8) I have a hard time paying money to frustrate myself. 7) I don't like sports with special code words like eagle, double eagle, birdie, mulligan. 6) I don't own plaid pants or knickers 5) I don't wear white shoes or saddle shoes 4) I won't wear a white belt. 3) This business of the loser having to buy rounds was getting real expensive for me. 2) I'm afraid that the people I meet at the golf course will be like the people in Caddyshack. 1) There appears to be speed governors on the golf carts - why would anyone design a machine where more power is not a desirable goal?
Reply to
Ray O

(2) I like Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, and Rodney Dangerfield! (1) My friend brought a golf cart home from work. The first thing we did was remove the governor! What's the point of all that grass if we can't do donuts after a hole in one.

Reply to
Bryan

I like those guys too! It's the types like the doctor and the judge that I'm not so keen on.

THAT'S the way a motorized conveyance should work!

Reply to
Ray O