OT: Cathy - remedial reading help needed for Shmuckland

It hasn't come out in a book yet...

Reply to
Hachiroku +O+A+m+/

Of course, that depends on which machine I'm using. *YOUR* usual bullshit is getting my finger closer to the PLONK button on this one, too. Never mind splitting hairs. Like you do every time you're painted into a corner.

Reply to
Hachiroku +O+A+m+/

  1. a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason: a mere assertion; an unwarranted assertion.
*I* particularly like the "often without support or reason" part.

Suits you to a "T".

Reply to
Hachiroku +O+A+m+/

often without support or reason

Reply to
Hachiroku +O+A+m+/

Joe is behaving himself today. Give him another chance.

Reply to
badgolferman

Oh please don't plonk me, even though it would make you feel powerful.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, it did NOT say as assertion could be a question. Neither did my dictionary.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But never a question.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, both of you are disputing the findings of OUR MILITARY. That's interesting.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Let it go, Joe.

Reply to
badgolferman

But it was fun watching you three slugs rolling around in a dish of salt, totally ignorant of a simple question mark?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You must have forgotten the whipping you got yesterday. That salt you are "implying" of was actually rubbed into your wounds by Cathy.

Reply to
badgolferman

The only judgement possible on this issue comes from dictionaries. There is only one definition of assertion. Absent a dictionary (your household), you would not be aware of this.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If Saddam had been connected in any way with OBL, your theories would hold water. But as everyone knows, Saddam had nothing to do with OBL and probably never would have.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
Cathy F.

What backpedal? I keep pushing forward with this discussion and you keep hiding from it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The only statement I made was that there was a question. If you could read, you would realize this. I suggest that if it's still possible, you visit your parents and slap them around a bit for letting you turn out this way.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Only in the eyes of some who desperately needs to be right when he is, in fact, wrong.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not plonking: Because this is your life, along with a house piled high with old mother boards which make you feel happy when you look at them.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
Cathy F.