OT: Chicago now holds the record

We have the highest average gas prices in the nation at 3.59. Some dog musta pissed on the Amoco plant again.

Reply to
n5hsr

Do you remember the big oil embargo/gas shortage back in 1974? I had attended a school in Indianapolis and was on my way back home on Friday afternoon, I couldn't find a gas station open anywhere in Chicago, all of the Oasis were closed. So I had to keep on going. I was on empty and as a last ditch effort I pulled off the tollway and started down a two lane blacktop road, I came into a small town, (I'm still in ILL.) and found a gas station open, but the would only sell me $2 worth, which was better than nothing, It was enough to get me into Wisconsin where ALL the stations were open and plenty of gas to be found. I think there was some democrat politics going on in N. Ill. to shut the stations down that weekend.

Reply to
dbu.,

I was downstate in 1973 when prices went from 24.9 (we were having a gas war) to 40.9 immediately. There used to be a gas station right behind the Holiday Inn, and they were getting ready to close for the night and kick their prices up to 40.9. We got there just before they closed. BTW, the hotel isn't there anymore, either. Filled up our little Corvair. I don't remember us having too much problem getting gas. Certainly not the long lines they had in Chicago.

But now we're holding the record again. And I saw some sort of news blurb about the Amoco plant. Seems like every time they want to get a raise in prices, something happens at the old Standard Oil of Indiana plant over there. Or we could just be being punished for voting for the Dims in both

2000 and 2004. As many 'accidents' as happen over there, I would think OSHA would slap some fines on them.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

I am sure all of the problems with this country are the Democrats' fault. Everything the Republicans do is absolutely perfect. They never fire anyone (like attorneys) without cause. They never hire anyone who will try to get his girlfreind a raise. And every company that has Republicans on it is perfectly honest and never gets into any type of trouble.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Grumpy today jeffy?