(OT:) Hey Joey! Keep defending these people!!!

  1. Attempt on cartoonists life:

Bust in Terror Plot to Kill Danish Cartoonist

Posted Feb 12, 08 7:29 AM CST in World Most Covered

(newser) ? Danish police this morning arrested several people suspected of plotting to assassinate a cartoonist who had offended Muslims with a cartoon insulting the prophet Mohammed.

Danish papers reprint Muhammad cartoons in response to alleged assassination attempt

By Ezra Winton, February 13, 2008 Comments (0)

Denmark has not been in the news as of late, so perhaps in a bid to stir up some more interest in the northern European country, major newspapers are, as of early this morning, reprinting the infamous Muhammad cartoons - or if you take their word for it, they are responding to an alleged attempted assassination plot against the original artist, Westergaard. From CBS News this morning:

The Jyllands-Posten newspaper, which first published the 12 drawings on Sept. 30, 2005, reprinted Westergaard's cartoon in its print edition Wednesday. Several other major dailies, including Politiken and Berlingske Tidende, also reprinted the drawing.

"We are doing this to document what is at stake in this case, and to unambiguously back and *support the freedom of speech* that we as a newspaper will always defend," said the Copenhagen-based Berlingske Tidende.

Muslim anger at Danish cartoons Protest over cartoons in Copenhagen The cartoons have prompted protests in Copenhagen The ambassadors of 10 Muslim countries have complained to the Danish prime minister about a major newspaper's cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

A letter from the ambassadors said the cartoons published in Jyllands-Posten last month showed the Prophet as a stereotypical fundamentalist.

Pictorial depictions of the Prophet Muhammad are forbidden in Islam.

Interesting, eh? Read carefully: "Pictorial depictions of the Prophet Muhammad are forbidden in Islam."

They weren't printed in Islam. They were printed in Denmark, as an expression of Free Speech. Guess Islam has a real problem with Free Speech: The BBC reported an Islamic spokesman as saying, "We see thet Denmark has not learned it's lesson".

'Scuse me? "Learned it's lesson"? Who the frig do they think they are? They can tell their own people what to think and what to say, but now they are espousing thier laws and religion on the rest of the world.

Free Speech, eh? Not in the Islamic world. Or the rest of the world, if they have their way...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You never witnessed me defending people like that. If you disagree, you know the drill. Prove it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But, they're Muslims.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You're too young to be getting smaller, and yet, you do it several times a week.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Seems to me, no matter what Muslims do, you have a good reason for their actions. Nothing seems to phase you: car bombs where kids are going to be, retarded women used as 'suicide' bombers (exploded by remote control, of course), etc.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

You never saw me write anything which even remotely suggests that I'm OK with the things you just described. If you disagree, please provide links to messages written by me which prove you right.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, that's what Islamists do. Every time I post something against Islamists, your in my face with how wrong I am.

How many more kids have to get carbombed, Joe?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Make up your mind about the LOCATION of the Islamists you're complaining about.

1) Iraq? Obviously what they're doing is wrong. None of our damned business, but still wrong. 2) England?

3) Here? You've pointed out one school where Jello has been removed from the menu.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't care where they're from, really. They are causing trouble all over the world; Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, England, Iraq, Iran, about 6 countries in Africa, yada, yada, yada. They are probably causing 90% of the trouble in the world. We wouldn't even have had the impetus to go to Iraq if the morons hadn't attacked the US in the first place.

They are bringing it on themselves, and the rest of the world just seems to look the other way.

The ideal thing would be for the 99.9% of non-militant Muslims to rid themselves of these k00ks, but they appear to be afraid of them.

And here's a stat for you: there are 1.6B Muslims in the world. If 1% of them are causing the problem, how many more does that leave to resolve the issue?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties." - Abraham Lincoln

Reply to
witfal