(OT:) DAMN! I like opportunists, but not when it involves ME!!!

For our Gateway jobs, we pick up our parts at a UPS Store in the nearest Communist town (other than Amherst, that is. Can't fly American flag except for holidays...sheesh...but I digress...)

They gave me the bill for the next three months, and I said, I don't have an expense account; I'll have to forward this to the boss.

I called him and told him about the bill, and he asked me to have them FAX it to him. I went back in, asked if they could fax the bill, and the woman hands me a cover sheet. I fill in all the information, and give it back.

She puts the cover sheet aside, goes to the cash register, and rings up $2.89. "That'll be $2.89, please."

HUH? I paid the money without speaking up and left. *I* had to pay $2.89 so they could FAX the bill to my boss?!?!?! Whoa!!!

I called his wife, who does the books and told her I'll be including it on my next time sheet.

In the meantime, I'll be looking for another drop point for Gateway parts...

Reply to
Hachiroku

We charge customers 3-10 times the amount they charge us/steal from us. A certain business owner who steals pens has been very profitable to us.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Perhaps I'm missing something, but when you go to a place that sends faxes as part of their business, and you ask them to send a fax, don't you think that it's their right to charge you for the fax? You could have asked them to send the bill to your boss by mail, and they likely would have done it, since it's the obligation of the business to invoice the client for services. If you'd asked them to hand-carry the bill to your boss, don't you think they'd have asked a fee for messenger service?

Reply to
mack

Nah. Why should I pay for them to send me a bill?

Does the gas company make you pay Postage Due?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hmm....I could use a few pens...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Of course, when you specify that they fax it, instead of sending it by the US Mail.

How would I know that ?

Reply to
mack

I didn't specify they fax it. My boss did. I told her that I don't have an expense account, and that the boss requested to have the bill faxed. If anything, it should have been added to the bill.

Does your gas/electric/oil bill come postage due?

Reply to
Hachiroku