OT Hillary and Boxer want to get rid of talk radio via legislation...

Libs can't compete with conservatives in the arena of ideas.

Sooooooooooooo let's just legislate them out of business.

Seems to me there still is a Constitution.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

There sure is. A pity Dubya hasn't noticed this.

Reply to
DH

Why do you say that? What has GWB personally taken away from you regarding your rights?

Reply to
dbu,.

That is a stupid question, and you really should stop asking it. If

***ONE*** person is affected, it means the government is willing to do it to ***ANYONE***.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I think we went over this before. Because you are not a reasonable person it is not worth talking about. You think you are right and anyone who disagrees or presents another view is wrong.

Reply to
dbu,.

If your point of view conflicts with THE LAW and THE CONSTITUTION, you need to find another country to live in, one where the laws match your views. Until then, you are in no position to reinterpret the 6th amendment, and neither is anyone you voted for.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You seem to feel our great President does not follow the Constitution.

Since you made the charge.

Back it up.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

This has got to be the stupidest thing you have ever posted.....and that takes a LOT!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You think the 6th amendment is stupid? I'm 100% sure that you cannot explain why.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No....I know you are irreverent just like your posts.

The latest takes the cake!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Explain why you think the 6th amendment is stupid, traitor.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They are all my rights. I have the right to due process. I have the right to be secure in my home, etc, etc.

If you insist that an abrogation of rights must have some effect on me personally, then, fine: GWB has taken away my confidence that this is a nation of laws and that we receive fair, equal and just treatment before the law.

If Dubya can throw Jose Padilla - or anyone else - in the slammer without due process, he can do it to you, too.

Reply to
DH

Explain why you think the 6th amendment is stupid, traitor.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, let me get this straight. You believe what "Breitbart" has to say on the subject, reporting what the well-known idiot from Oklahoma said to another well-known idiot, John Ziegler on talk radio? Ziegler is such a raving fool that you can't imagine him without traces of spittle at the corners of his lying mouth. And Inhofe is so far out of touch with reality (see quotes of his elsewhere on the net) that he's not worth thinking about, except to wonder why he's been able to avoid being committed to a nice, quiet 'home' somewhere, complete with straitjacket and Depends....and crayons. Think a minute (if you can...for yourself.) Do you honestly think that if Clinton and Boxer had some secret plan to stifle 'talk radio', they would speak with each other within earshot of a nutjob Republican senator? It would be on the order of a couple of execs from GM talking about new designs for GM cars within the hearing of folks from Ford, Chrysler, Toyota and Honda. Or on the order of a couple of foreign diplomats working out strategy while lunching at the UN cafeteria in earshot of everyone in the room. If you believe that could happen, then, yes, it's possible that Old Jimmy Inhofe heard their secret plans. If you don't believe it, then you've achieved the first step on the road to realistic thinking. How about it?

Reply to
mack

If you are referring to the enemy combatants, that has not been completely rung out by the courts. I expect the Supreme Court will hear it in the future. It is regarding simply a citizen has the right to be charged or let go, he/she cannot be held without being charged or just for the hell of it. You may remember some of the old gangster movies when their lawyer told the cops that he will get a writ, well, he ment a writ of habeas corpus and the cops would have to appear before the judge to show cause for confinment. If they couldn't then they were released.

Enemy combatants fall into another class. Is this what you have your panties is a twist about?

Reply to
dbu,.

One citizen, residing in this country, has lost his 6th amendment rights. I don't recall his name, and you will say this means he doesn't exist and it never happened. Perhaps DH has the info on the tip of his tongue.

The constitution trumps all whims, all nonsense, regardless of what an impotent wishful dictator and his traitor-worshippers think. There are ways of amending the constitution, which I am sure you are unaware of, and will now study on the internet. Nobody has suggested amending it to allow citizens to be imprisoned as they would be in Russia or China.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why do you speak before you know something...

Oh yes....you always do that....

ROFLMAO

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Because the man exists and his name doesn't matter to this discussion. Oh, by the way, DH just mentioned it: Jose Padilla.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Are you talking about this terrorist?

Scott in Florida

Yes, he was an American citizen deemed to be a enemy combatant. In the old days, being a traitor was a capital offense. He is most likely being treated far better today than he would have been back in WW2.

Actually the guantanamo thing is being moved to Afaganistian according to the latest news. I'm quite sure those enemy combatants will find it much more comfortable and pleasant there, plus they won't have to worry about the U.S. Constitution, LOL.

Now, I'll give you something else to worry about, I think you are a gun-nut right? Then you should check out Senate bill S-1237.

Reply to
dbu,.