OT: Hillary on CSPAN2 again

Oh, no, she's not angling for a 2008 run. Oh, no.

Just like when her husband ran for re-election as governor in 1990. "If elected, I will serve out my full 4 year term." Well, we all know what happened to that promise, don't we?

Reply to
n5hsr

I'm going to watch the space shuttle launch this afternoon on the NASA channel.

When Hillary Clinton visited Iraq last month the Army Blackhawk helicopter used to transport the Senator was given the call sign "broomstick one". And they say the Army has no sense of humor!

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

I have it on now.

I worked for NASA for a long time. The NASA Channel if fascinating to me.

choice Hillary or NASA

You lose Hildebeast...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Sadly, I don't have the NASA channel here. Do they have an audio on HF like they used to?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

NASA TV channel is available on the web...

Scott in Florida

I've got the HF audio dialed in.

Reply to
n5hsr

I'm watching the audio at home. I can't yet pick up the HF rebroadcast.

Reply to
n5hsr

Too bad you cant get the picture. The video of the assent is most impressive. The camera is mounted somewhere on the external fuel tank.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

I think so Charles, just a little above 14,200 I believe...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

JESUS!...how timely is that?...I just read this Scott, clicked on your link and they were announcing "T minus 5 minutes and counting"...SHIT!!!...amazing...I'm off!...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I saw the video on Fox News. NASA TV was running about 30 seconds behind.

I'm hearing something on 14.295.

Reply to
n5hsr

They're supposed to be on 14,295, but I'm there but not hearing much. I'm on the ground floor with an MFJ-1621 I just bought.

There they go.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

the shuttle on 14.2? You must be hearing a reverse image.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

What a magnificent sight!

God Speed......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I was hearing it on 14,295 for a while. NASA rebroadcasts it.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Yes, I used to hear them there but then I'm a bit further out, you might be too close for twenty metres...I have a 4 el beam (KT-34A) and a Yaesu FT-990. (they're out at my cottage on the shore a few miles from my home here)...

I watched them on Scott's Internet link, worked good!...thanks Scott!... :)

Gord Beaman

No, it's some ham club in Florida...maybe AMSAT.ORG or somesuch, they have a rebroadcast of all NASA launches on 14.295 USB (the

20 metre ham band)
Reply to
Gord Beaman

Actually it's AMSAT Charles, the ham radio group of NASA engineers who look after the ham radio satellites to get them built and launched for us...OSCARs etc...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

You are more than welcome.

I worked Gemini and Apollo. It still brings chills to my spine to watch.

I can normally get a shot of the bird in flight after liftoff, but yesterday there were clouds in the way.

My only regret? Never going to the cape for an Apollo liftoff. That Saturn V was a monster!

I've attended Shuttle launches as a guest of NASA and a friend of mine and I drove over for a night launch of the Shuttle. Now that IS impressive...

Reply to
Scott in Florida