{OT} (humor) Instant Peace...just add...

Three guys--a Canadian farmer, Osama bin Laden, and an American engineer--are walking together one day. They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it.

"I will give each of you one wish, which is three wishes total," says the Genie.

The Canadian says: "I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in Canada." Pooooof! With a blink of the Genie's eye, the land in Canada was forever made fertile for farming.

Osama bin Laden was amazed, so he said: "I want a wall around Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran so that no infidels, Jews, or Americans can EVER come into our precious state." Pooooof! Again, with the blink of the Genie's eye, there was a huge wall around those countries.

The American engineer asks, "I am very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."

The Genie explains: "Well, it's 5000 feet high, 500 feet thick, and completely surrounds these countries. It's virtually impenetrable. Now what is your wish?"

The American engineer smiles and says: "Fill it with water."

Pooooof! Peace.

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I knew this joke only with America as the country with the wall and some Cuban or European to fill it up. It still is good though. :-)

Hans

Reply to
Hans Fleischmann

============================ Unintended consequences: Oil supplies?

Reply to
nospampls2002

Well, I'll tell you what. That would solve the problem for us here in the US. We would be at peace. But you gotta ask yourself this: Who would the Muslims go after next.

This gets into a can of worms. The US tries to be a peacekeeper, but our tactics makes us look like an aggressor. The Muslims (the ones who matter, anyway; don't get me wrong, ther are PEACFUL Muslims, but they aren't the problem!) will focus their attention elsewhere, because they want the whole WORLD to knuckle under to their way of thinking. They are NOT interested in Peace at all!

Reply to
Hachirokuハチ

What is this newsreader you are using?

Reply to
badgolferman

AHA! I've been found out!

I managed to jump on the Windows Vista program right before they closed it. The jury is out. It has a lot of bells and whistles, but the intuitiveness that was a big part of Windows '95 and even Windows 2000 is GONE!

It gives me trouble over my DSL router. After trying everything, and running in circles (LITERALLY...click here...click here...click here... click here...back to Step One again!) I found a kludge on the 'Net... I have to boot my machine, let it start, then put it to SLEEP and then wake it up; it then grabs an IP via DHCP and I can get on the net. Better than the 35-45 minutes I was spending each time I booted trying to "Repair the Connection?" (to no avail...)

Windows Mail is the new replacement for Outhouse Express. It's like a cross between OE and a slightly older version of Outlook, with a Newsreader plugin.

I'm not really thrilled about the OS. They've "Dumbed it down" to where I think you need to be a Babbling Idiot to use it. If you know about Windows, you'll be lost!

It DOES have some neat features, though. Like the Aero/Flip desktop. You can "Tile" your windows 3d Style (they turn slightly sideways and srink a bit, and you can scroll through open programs with your mouse wheel) and the Sidebar, where you can have a clock, calendar, calculator, etc running on the side of your screen. I have a Streaming link to the BBC on mine.

You need some pretty serious hardware to run it! Most manufacturers are only certifying machines with a 64 bit or Dual-Core proc, a Gig or more of RAM, and a Kick-Ass video card.

I have an Athlon 64, 2.4GHz clocked to 2.8G, 1.5G of RAM, and a Diamond

9550 (ATi) video card with 256M of RAM, and my "score" is 3.3 out of 5!
Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, it certainly is messing up your headers. Ditch the Unicode and go to Western European or Automatic Character Set.

Reply to
badgolferman

Can you cut and paste a header for me?

It asks me if I want to send Unicode, so I say "Yes"

Reply to
Hachiroku

Never meant to step on anyone's toes. (I must admit that it wasn't a smart post to write then)

That certainly is a problem the US government has had in multiple campaigns in foreign countries. In spite of that the Pentagon always seems to have the fullest of confidence in these tactics.

Here in NL reports on TV and in papers show the differences in approach of the Dutch (and European in general) units to the US. I get the impression the Dutch approach is less distant and more supportive than the US. I do realize that these reports are a bit colored of course.

I *do* think that the aggressive approach did convince more Muslims to take up arms to fight the "invader". The Islam is easily provoked (as the "Danish cartoon"-riots show us) and does not need much of stimulation to stand up for what it believes in.

Hans

Reply to
Hans Fleischmann

Notice your name. It shows that way in the Message Tree window also.

The downside of this is when I do a monthly statistics posting you will have several different identities and will not make the top ten!

Reply to
badgolferman

This is a Bad Thing? ;)

Reply to