OT: I will just write a check to charity

Everytime a Democrat gets caught, they write a check to charity, and thats the end of it...

[quote]Conrad Says Countrywide Waived Point on His Mortgage (Update1)

By John Hughes and Nadine Elsibai

June 14 (Bloomberg) -- Senator Kent Conrad said he was given preferential treatment on a mortgage from Countrywide Financial Corp. and will write a $10,500 check to charity.

``It appears Countrywide waived one point on my mortgage,'' Conrad, a North Dakota Democrat, said in a statement today in Washington. ``Although I did not ask for or know that I was receiving a discount, and even though I was offered a competitive loan from another lender, I do not want to have received preferential treatment.'' [/quote]

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Every time a Republican gets caught, they claim they suddenly found Jesus. Same concept, different scam.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Who said you were wrong and why do you never discuss the topic at hand? Just like being disagreeable and saying what the other side does?

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

I'm surprised Al Gore has not created a company to broker and cash in on these "conscience credits". He could have quite a business.

Bill Putney

I couldn't find anywhere in the article that mentioned who the "charity" is.

Reply to
badgolferman

Don't quote me, but in the back of my head I seem to remember - from a news broadcast, when the story broke - that it was Habitat for Humanity.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Seems to me the proper thing to do would be to either return the money to the donor or to make the contribution to a state or federal treasury. By donating to charity he has received the benefit of the payoff and now will also get a tax benefit for a charitable donation. These people really think we're stupid.

Reply to
badgolferman

Or better yet, a charity set up to the tax payers. Imagine that!

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!