OT - It's about time...

...scum like this gets execution.

witfal

Who could argue against this except for NAMBLA and ACLU?

Reply to
badgolferman

Now if only the same thing would happen to Obama, Clinton, and McCain.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

It is virtually crime free in places where the punishment is quick and harsh like Saudi Arabia. The cost for stealing is your hand and your head for something more serious. Years ago, a friend was in Saudi Arabia and left a camera bag worth thousands of dollars on a busy street corner, came back a few hours later and found it untouched and nothing missing. Try that in any big city in the US. Countries with severe punishment like China and Singapore have few crimes. Low cost housing does not mean high crime and the cost for safety is very low.

Cost for safety in the US is a different story. Over $40 billion per year to warehouse prisoners, $7 billion per year for construction. $7.4 billion more for California prison expansion. Once you factor in the cost for living in a safe area, protection including insurance premiums against crime related lost, rehab and related cost for the victims, I am not surprised if it would sum up to trillions of dollars per year. Eliminating crime would certainty stimulate the economy.

Reply to
Frank

Not that I think I'd have the opportunity to be convicted of a crime, but the thought of quick and terrible justice in the form of having a hand or head cut off leaves me feeling a little goosy. True, the occasional baddie gets away with a crime, but I'd sooner have it that way than indiscriminate swift justice as in Saudi Arabia, thankyouverymuch. And I'd just as soon not be caned in Singapore for dropping a candy wrapper on the street.

Reply to
mack

Would you expect there to be something?

If you want the news nowdays, turn to Fox.

Reply to
dbu'