OT: Mother Nature must be upset about Mother's Day?

High winds and hail in Missouri/Iowa/Western Illinois

Tornados all over middle Georgia.

Last night, tornadoes all over Arkansas, lower Missouri, Tennessee and western Oklahoma.

What's worse is either I or my family has lived near some of these places in my life. We used to make fun of how Bacon and Crisp counties in Georgia were so near each other, for instance. Searcy, AR used to be a major Wal-Mart distribution center. I sat up and watched the live video from one of the Memphis TV stations I used to watch BC (Before Cable) Looks like the tornadoes are going right down the I-16 in Georgia.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
<n5hsr

What kind of a mother is that which is being so mean and killing people?

Reply to
badgolferman

Probably related to the "god" that lets cute little kids get cancer.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That God has a plan that yout little mind would never comprehend.

Reply to
badgolferman

He also created Father Time who will be wearing you down to dust sooner than you know.

Reply to
badgolferman

OK. What's god's plan when he/she/it lets little kids get cancer???

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Your time is coming........

Reply to
Sharx35

If I knew then I would be God. Maybe it has something to do with advancing people's knowledge of medicine. Maybe it has something to do with bringing the best out in people and allowing them to grow closer through adversity. Maybe it has something to do with people helping other people. The point is human relations are something completely foreign to you and there's no use in trying to make you understand how the world turns. Your view of the world ends at the tip of your nose.

Reply to
badgolferman

You're making excuses to rationalize the awful behavior of your god. When people make excuses for their children's bad behavior, you call them liberals.

Suddenly you're a liberal.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wow. Talk about hypocrisy. You are opposed to abortion, if I recall correctly. But you're perfectly OK with your god killing little kids to advance scientific knowledge.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Do you really think I'm liberal? Perhaps in certain aspects I'm not as dead-set against everything liberal as others but I wouldn't think people would describe me as you have. Besides I am not of the opinion (conservative=good, liberal=evil) as you may think. I am of the opinion the current crop of "progressives" are far more dangerous to the future of this country than the standard definition of liberals.

I should tell my wife someone called me a liberal, that would really make her laugh!

Reply to
badgolferman

You're really stretching it, aren't you? There is a difference between natural death or sickness and purposely killing unborn children for convenience sake.

Reply to
badgolferman

I don't categorize cancer as natural death, especially for little kids who don't choose to poison their bodies like some adults (cigarettes, for instance). If your god is all-powerful, it's his fault that little kids get cancer, so it's intentional. Therefore, it's the same as abortion.

Now, if you really wanted to adopt the party line, you'd say cancer was the work of satan.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There's nothing 'natural' about sickness. And who created sickness?? Your benevolent God?

Reply to
mack

Starting your own religion are you? God created beings with free will (otherwise you'd be no more than a computer). It started out perfect with free will within the created entities. And, as the saying goes, the rest is history.

Bill Putney

So, little kids get cancer because god gave them free will???

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Mack ain't nothing but a thing. There is a fool over on another newsgroup that keeps posting a message along the lines of "I dare God to kill me if he really exists." Another is mad because someone died and God didn't heal them and has to make fun of ANYBODY that says anything the least bit positive about God as if we were the stupid ones. One day they're going to find out they were wrong, but it's probably going to be too late then. . . .

Just because people don't believe in God doesn't mean He doesn't exist. He's not like Tinkerbelle, you know. If we stop believing in Him, He's not going to fade away. . . . I peeked at the end of the book. He wins.

The important question of the age is not is whose side God is on. The important question of the age is are you on God's side or not?

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
<n5hsr

Maybe the little kids got cancer because of something their mothers injested during the gestation period. Maybe they got cancer because of the power lines that are nearby. Maybe they ate tainted food over a period of time. Maybe aliens abducted them and performed experiments upon them. Maybe they have bad DNA because Mom and Dad's chromosomes don't match very well. Maybe they were force-fed too much progressive liberal political bullshit in school and their brains have revolted. Maybe it's because of the cell phone towers or the cell phone their parents and siblings are using all the time. Maybe it's all caused by humans and God just lets it happen for the reasons I provided in an earlier post.

Reply to
badgolferman

That's some god if he "lets" it happen. Sounds like a republican.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't know if He is a Republican but He certainly is a Conservative! Maybe that's why you hate Him so much....

Reply to
badgolferman