OT NASA trivia?

This is a rumor....or rumour to our friends across the pond...

Could it be that the first flag on the moon was a British flag?

A rumor running around the space biz has it that one of the guys that sealed up the PSEP was British and he put a small British flag in right before he buttoned it up.

If true......

England has their flag on the moon.....First!

Who knows if it is true or not, but it is a great story, nonetheless...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

What are you talking about? Don't you know we never went to the moon? It was all a Hollywood movie and the entire world wereduped into believing that stunt. It was the greatest con job ever! Karl Rove's father who was employed by Halliburton was probably involved in that facade to milk the Moon dry of its oil and other natural resources. Where have you been?

Reply to
badgolferman

There was a big documentary on this last year in the UK, they basically tried to prove or disprove all the conspiracy theories about it being a video 'oh you couldnt do that because the light wouldnt fall like that on the moon' etc. They basically boiled it down to a) the theories were

80% wrong and 20% unprovable and when confronted with the evidence the guys pushing the theories were reduced to gibbering something about just not believing it and it being a conspiracy to keep the conspiracy covered. OH dear. Time to call the mother ship guys...
Reply to
Coyoteboy

What did they say about Karl Rove and Halliburton?!

Yes, I've seen documentaries like that before and the one statement that convinces me it really did occur was "If this really was a conspiracy, it would require a vast amount of people to keep a secret." Besides, we were in a race with the USSR. If they weren't convinced that we had got to the Moon do you think they would have given up quietly and gone away?

Reply to
badgolferman

LOL...

I was at the tracking station in Madrid Spain (actually out of town a bit) during Apollo 13. Very chilling time.

We had both an 85' dish and a 30' dish tracking.

If it was a fake, it was an excellent one. You could stand near the antenna and watch it slowly track the CSM across the face of the moon.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Reason we never went to the Moon: there isn't one -- it's a huge special effect, organised and sustained ever since ancient times by the ultra-secret Selenisti order. Arranging for details like moonlight and tides take vast resources to manage -- it would be cheaper actually to go to a moon (that is, if we had one). FWIW H*ll*b*rt*n are the current contract[no signal]

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

I remember not, theyre usually on at 2am lol.

This is kinda the point they put across in the one i saw, the USSR had the ability to see whether they had travelled or not, the difficulty in faking it and still getting a vehicle of some sort to reach the moon and return would have been harder than actually visiting the moon lol.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Nothing new here, the US has always 'helped' the Brits accomplish their goals. That is why they are our best ally, we work well together ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Along with Australia...

Oz is a great country.

Not bad for a bunch of convicts....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Got throw my 40.02 in as an expat Aussi...

Guy arrives at the Sydney Airport and make his way to Immigration. The official asks "Do you have a criminal record?" and he replies

"well, actually no, but I didn't think it was still a requirement!".

SJD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

LOL.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I've just gotta ask. Have you ever met Gene Kranz? His book, "Failure is Not an Option" is a favorite of mine.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

That reminds one of the bar in Detroit, where they ask if you have a weapon when you come in the door. If you do not, they sell you one ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yes....

....and Chris Kraft.

A very special breed of people...the pioneers.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I'd forgotten about Chris Kraft. People I still can look up to. . . . They had balls. And frequently needed them. Remember GT-6A?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

That was a bit before my time.

My first mission was at the Corpus Christi NASA Tracking Station in Texas for Gemini 7/6 in December of 1965.

Corpus was an interesting station. We had the ability to control the spacecraft with live controllers from Houston. We had the consoles and everything necessary in case something happened at the Space Center.

Very exciting days.

Reply to
Scott in Florida