OT: O'Reilly threatens caller

This is too funny. O'Reilly, who's head size is matched only by Rush's, threatens to send Fox security over to this guys house and have the police called just for mentioning MSNBC's Olbermanns name on the air. Fox security? What the hell are they going to do? I can just see the police rolling on the ground laughing at this call. I'm sure he'll do a whole week now on how the evil liberal media is out to get him. Fair and Balanced? Fox has got to be the most biased and idiotic news station this side of the Iran Daily.

ToMh

Sounds like he realised who Mike really is early on in the call...

Reply to
Mark W

Who was he? Was he being needled by someone?

Reply to
badgolferman

I guess we can assume you have never listened to Air America, it that is what you believe. We would not be a surprise, nobody else listens to Air America either. On the other hand FOX is the number one cable news company. Obviously your opinion is that of a minority LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Fox is #1, just like General Motors. That means they're the best.

Reply to
Norm De Plume

Nope, never listened to air america. It's doesn't say much for the intelligence of the average listener when a biased hack news station like fox is number one. But unfortunently news is all about the entertainment value and not unbiased quality reporting anymore..

Reply to
ToMh

You sure won't find unbiased news reporting on CBS, CNN, MSNBC or any of the rest. You are right, news today has become entertainment and how many commercials can we squeak in between headlines.

CSPAN is your best bet.

Reply to
The BeNevolent dbu

I didn't see the O"Reilly piece but did see a few weeks ago the producer of the Rather/Bush/Air Guard fiasco still claiming that even if the documents were forged and the people that were there said it was a fake story she still "knew" it was true. This is same line I saw Rather still using

So, if Fox is so bad, why are the other networks floundering on cable?

Ron

Reply to
ron

Same reason tabloids are popular. News doesn't sell, controversy sells.

Reply to
ToMh

Wasn't it P.T.Barnum who said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public?"

That's why Fox gets better ratings. They specialize in telling idiots what they want to hear. Works well. I'd be in that business but then my conscience wouldn't let me get a good nights' sleep. I guess Murdoch and his crew don't have that organ.

***
Reply to
DH

Apparently more buyers and listener think so.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

does that explain why the Camry is the number one selling midsize car in the US LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually the O'Reilly show is NOT a news show anymore than 60 Minutes or Hardball are news programs. That is one of the problems today many listeners do not know the difference. FOX has the only NEWS program that present both side on the debate. Listen to FOX for awhile, after listening to CNN and others, and the difference becomes quite apparent as to which new sources are biased.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Because dumb people outnumber smart people.

Reply to
manny

But 60 Minutes is a news program, except for the Andy Rooney editorials.

Reply to
Norm De Plume

Thanks for proving my point LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You are proof of that.

Reply to
Sharx35

It might help explain why ANY GM or Ford cars get sold.

***
Reply to
DH

The reason GM, Ford and Chrysler sell more vehicles in the US than Toyota, or any other import, is because more American CHOOSE to buy them. Pretty basic concept in a free society it would appear.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And every day, a few more realize their mistake and move up to Toyotas.

Learning is a slow and painful process.

***
Reply to
dh