OT: Pie In The Face Award Of The Day

Funny. I thought the same thing when responding to your fantasy.

Facts:

  1. I never claimed that weight gain was only the result of a good diet. Just that the prisoner's food resulted in healthy weight gain due to content.

  1. You continually changed the subject in an attempt to make it seem as thought that WAS the subject.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Reply to
witfal

Content? Do you mean the *types* of foods they're given?

And more important, if a prisoner gains weight but becomes a lunatic, does diet really matter?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Balance of diet, and quality of food.

Again, that doesn't matter. Why do you want to change the subject? I merely stated that their food while prisoners was/is far better than they had in the caves?

Nothing more. Give it a rest.

Reply to
witfal

Still not enough to win the propaganda war. We should have made them outright porky and treated them so well that when they were sent back home (and most should have been, by now), they'd evangelize for the American way.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

The original article is about mental health. Your debate is analogous to this:

- Someone just spilled grape juice on their new white sofa.

- But it doesn't matter because their lawn mower blade was sharpened last week.

The two concepts are not related.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Never claimed otherwise.

Some with a propensity to overeat are doing just that.

Reply to
witfal

Where I jumped into the thread is the context that I chose. That context was treatment of prisoners as it relates to food.

Usenet threads morph several times over. I commented on LMC's (if memory serves, it was him) comment on treatment of the Gitmo slime. I had no control over what it was before and after that.

Reply to
witfal

(I'll be Joe here) So you're saying that weight gain is an indicator of happiness?

Bill Putney

Yeah, if a month earlier, you were starving.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And the name of this thread is "Incoherency".

Bill Putney

Waffle is a morphed cockroach, LOL.

Reply to
dbu