(OT:) k00ks in the n00z...

Whaling pair 'leave Japan ship'

Two activists who boarded a Japanese whaling vessel have been handed to an Australian ship after a two-day Antarctic stand-off, officials say.

What it doesn't say is *why* they boarded the Japanese whaler. They were there to tell the Japanese that the Australian government had labelled whaling in a wildlife refuge illegal, and the Japanese were to leave the area.

Of course, these two were never charged by the Australian government with notifying the Japanese, these two morons just took it upon themselves.

In the middle of the night.

With a bottle of rum.

And a jar of acid (no, *NOT* LSD!)

But they were there peacefully.

The Japanese just wanted them off the ship. They have dealt with Sea Shepherd before and have had ships damaged as a result.

I think these two were lucky. The Japanese just wanted them off the ship.

The BBC spoke with a spokeswoman from Sea Shepherd who lauded the pair as though they were heros. And the BBC gave full support (by only airing the one side of the story, of course.)

Why do I say the pair were lucky? If *I* were the captain of the Japanese vessel, since they came in the middle of the night with a jar of acid, I would have had them held for trespassing...

Or better yet, as pirates...

They are still hanging pirates, aren't they?

Reply to
Hachiroku

You *WISH* you had the balls to do what they did. Yeah, it was illegal to board the Japanese ship. But, you may want to beef up your knowledge of how the Japanese have pissed on whaling regulations for quite a long time, often calling their hunting "research". Absolutely NOBODY trusts them any more.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I know all about it. I know they had a permit to kill 1000 whales during this year's season. I know they would probably exceed it.

Who cares? Other than Sea Shephard and Greenpeace, of course. Even if they killed 1100, they'll make more. (OK, I'm just rubbing your face in it. I KNOW what you're referring to. Don't believe everything I say...)

But believe this. They boarded a vessel illegally and got away with it.

And as far as balls, no thanks. I'd rather use my brains instead. It might not get me hung as a pirate.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Is it legal to kill that many whales at the moment?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But 86, some pirates are very well hung. There's a pirate's convention in southeastern Wisconsin the first Saturday in February. There are some pretty good looking lady pirates, too. We even have one named Yvonne, who I think might be from down in the bayou. (With apologies to Hank Williams Sr.)

Charles the Curmudgeon Bring back rotary phones so we don't have to press 1 to continue in English.

(I'm not a pirate, but I play one at the Ren Faire.)

Reply to
<n5hsr

THey have a permit for 1000. So, I guess it's legal to kill 1000.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh well. The Japanese have created an atmosphere of mistrust surrounding their so-called "research". They should expect this kind of trouble, which successfully focused attention on their ship. I hope it happens to them constantly.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But it's not up to the k00ks to tell them. They were told by the Australian authorities and were leaving the area. Therefore, the k00ks were trespassing and should be tried.

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's true, but government agencies usually can't monitor these things closely enough, so whales still die for "research". "Research" is a humorous Japanese term for "restaurant".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I think it has to do with the funny accent...

However, I would still string them up by the Yardarm. They didn't belong there, and snuck on to the ship in the middle of the night. Sounds like pirates to me. (Sorry, I don't care for those who force their ideals upon others.)

Reply to
Hachiroku