{OT} Self fulfilling prphecy?

I was going to post a message here either Wednesday or yesterday about my observations of having Democrats in power.

I am kind of a 'borderline' employee. I know enough to get by, and have a boatload of experience, but when it comes down to it, with so many people with full college educations, I sometimes get left out in the cold. I just never finished, although I do have an Associate's and about 3 years of Part-time schooling.

So, when the Republicans are in power, and the job market begins to tighten, I'm usually the next one after the Kolledge Kids to get hired.

When the Dems are in power, the job market slacks, and I can usually hold my own to a point, but eventually I get the Pink Slip.

The Freakin' Dems aren't even in power yet, and ALREADY I'm hit!!!!

I took today off since it was such a nice day and the last day I was going to drive the Supra with the roof off. It goes into storage tomorrow. I was Simonizing the Scion when I got a call; my boss, his boss and HR. I knew what it was...I had just made a joke about the Company letter I got with my check yesterday; "What's this, a Pink Slip?"

Always the way it goes; when the Republicans are in power, I do very well, when the Democrats are in power, my skills just aren't in demand.

Too bad I'm a Techie and not a Burger Flipper...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't think I am supposed to say "shit" am I? Your luck is kind of like the guy who was going to be Kerry's campaign manager until a few weeks ago. Ron

Reply to
ron

Sorry to hear about your loss.

btdt....

Damn they could have done it in person.

You will end up on your feed.

Hell the Dims are in charge of your state now....not to worry.

Let me know if I can be of any help...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Feet too.....sorry...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Sorry to hear. Not to worry, the Democrats comming to power next year will self generate thousands of new minimum wage jobs.

Reply to
dbu'

Nah. I'll just go on the dole.

Oh, wait. I'm not an illegal immigrant...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nah, it's ok. They didn't know I was going to be out today, and my boss was glad, because they weren't going to tell us until 2. He knew yesterday at 2, but I had left cause I wasn't well.

Start buying me Supra parts? :)

Reply to
Hachiroku

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Did he get sacked cause of the Dems, too? ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

...but you ARE in Howie's state...LOL

I just had a call from a friend that works for United Airlines. He was out of work for a long time due to an arm injury. He was telling me the shit routes you get when you go back to work...LOL

A better job will show up...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Sorry to hear that. But last time the Democrats was in power (90s), techie was in great demand. Ever since Republicans took control in 2000, techie demand has been declining and Burger flipper was in great demand. May be you are the victim of this decline. You should be glad that now Democrats will be in power because techie will be in demand again.

Reply to
ZR

Leaving the politics & any possible cause-effect aside... Bummer. Good luck re: new employment.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I got the axe then, too from a high-paying job to one for half the salary.

No, I'm glad because Democrats give away the farm. Woooo Hoooo! Unemployment, here I come! Should be large grants for UI under the Dems, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Those kinds of jobs are hard to come by here in the Western part of the state. I had lucked out big time when I got this one.

I have an interview Tuesday for a temp. My supervisor (it's hard to call a

32 year old your 'boss') called and said if the company makes it, he'll call me and try to get me hired back as Desktop Support.
Reply to
Hachiroku

I remember (sort of) a phrase someone had on their wall in bastardized latin

"Illigitimum non carborundum" or some such - ie don't let the bastards wear you down.

School for a while or to much $$?

Look at it as a way out of what you were doing.

(Easy for me to say Hach, I am retired but wife is still working - she is an RN and the education she got as kids got out of school makes probably

50-60k/year difference AND always a job offer on the table)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

if his company was doing that poorly, he would have been laid off regardless of who is running things. i seriously doubt his boss said "oh shit, the dems won! now ive got to fire people!" people need a bogeyman to point the finger at, though.

Reply to
mike

keep dreaming... i believe that was part of the cuts back in the mid

90s, with "Welfare reform". newt and company passed those bills easily.
Reply to
mike

LOL....snot nosed kid a boss....LOL

Keep your sense of humor. You will be fine.

One of my son in laws is going thru the job search nightmare in Northern Maine. I know he will come out on top...as will you.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You are one of many who will be thankful to the wonderful Dims...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Of course you are right in a way, but you Dims create the anti-business culture...which causes business to down size....then you bitch....

No solutions....just f*ck things up.

The Dim way....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

the vanishment (I just invented the damn word, so there) of the .com era is not the doing of Republicans or Democrats.

Reply to
dbu'