OT Soros-linked group hit with huge fine

The crooked network of left wing liberals.

dbu`

Why don't you post about something important instead, like the much more crooked Bush administration or its stupid war in Iraq?

Reply to
beerspill

Not the kind of news you like to read about? It would be ok if I presented some anti-Bush propaganda however, I bet I'm right.

Reply to
dbu`

Unfortunately these fines, whether against Republicans or Democrats, come far too late to be effective in stopping illegal action. Maybe instead they should put people in jail. I can think of a Republican from Texas who belongs there for sure.

Reply to
Art

It really is time to criminalize foreign influence in American elections. Soros has/had no business doing anything at all within our process save rattling his trap.

Reply to
witfal

and I can think of a couple of democrats that should be in jail.

Other than your BS banter, I agree, the threat of jail time for these cheaters should be a better deterrent. There's so much money floating around what's a few hundred thousand.

Reply to
dbu`

Even if you made it up they would like it, i.e. Dan Rather (not).

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

You sound like an expert on the subject. I am prone to listen to those with personal experience on matters. Please tell us about your marijuana consumption.

Reply to
badgolferman

I don't use marijuana.

The point is that all intelligent people know that marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol, and that it's illegal for two reasons:

-Old reason: In the early 20th century, it was nicknamed the "Negro drug", and made illegal because it was thought that it caused black people to do evil things to white women.

-New reason: It hasn't got a lobby behind it to buy legality.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That is simply bull shit.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Not according to people who actually research it. Pot will kill your lungs. Booze will kill your liver. Both may amplify psychotic behavior in people who are already prone to symptoms. In the early 1970s, the Army did a bit of loose research on the effects of pot and found it had little or no effect reaction time and coordination. They used their standard set of marksmanship exercises as a test. If I recall, they did this because they were concerned about its effect on soldiers in Vietnam.

We all know what alcohol does to coordination and reaction time.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You don't believe his other statement about not using it either, do you?

Reply to
badgolferman

Tell me three types of liquor you DO NOT drink for whatever reason.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not at all.....

My parents used to run a tutorial school.

They insisted that their students not smoke for two weeks before attending classes.

Their reason? It is a waste of time to try to teach anyone that has marijuana in their system.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Joe, I don't drink any type of liquor. You already know why.

Reply to
badgolferman

OK. That's an acceptable answer.

True bourbon is made primarily from corn. Does the truth of that statement depend on whether or not YOU drink bourbon?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The main old reason competition with alcohol.

Reply to
F.H.

Fact. No comparison. Alcohol is far worse.

Reply to
F.H.

If alcohol is worse, why isn't it illegal?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Because its manufacturers pay to keep it legal.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom