OT Soros-linked group hit with huge fine

And your marriage, your job, your family and perhaps an innocent pedestrian or fellow driver.

I did the pot thing for a couple of years back in the late 60's and I would argue this finding. My experience:

Driving: Not a good idea. There's a reason for all those jokes about slow driving. Bowling: forget it. Golf: forget it. Food: Get down. Everything tastes good. Television: Bonanza reruns are spellbinding. Sex: Best of all.

Reply to
F.H.

I actually preferred Canadian Whiskey for its smoothness.

Reply to
badgolferman

Tell me about the wonderful 'manufacturers' of pot.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

True bourbon is made primarily from corn. Does the truth of that statement depend on whether or not YOU drink bourbon?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Non-sequitur, typical of a drunk.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Same as tobacco, in on the ground floor. Grounded in politics forever.

Reply to
F.H.

The manufacturers or the American public? You seem to ignore Amendment XVIII and Amendment XXI.

Reply to
badgolferman

Forget it. The aides just made their rounds. Scott's been heavily medicated. He's in never-never land, more so than when not medicated.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Through lobbyists, the manufacturers of various products influence the law. You are free to pretend to be unaware of this fact.

Now, about that question I asked earlier:

True bourbon is made primarily from corn. Does the truth of that statement depend on whether or not YOU drink bourbon?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

True American Bourbon is made in Kentucky. Does the truth of that statement make any difference whether it's made with corn?

Reply to
badgolferman

You are afraid to answer my question because you know that doing so will sink your ship in this discussion.

I thought you were a grown man. You're not. You're a child, like Scott.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures.

That would require a very large majority of House and Senate members in the pockets of the liquor industry. Your analysis seems highly unlikely to me.

Reply to
badgolferman

I know.

What do you think is the mission of lobbyists for the liquor industry? Assume they exist because in fact, they do.

What is their mission in Washington?

Lobbyists for the liquor industry.

What is their mission?

Is the question clear to you?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

To exert influence, just like any other lobbyist.

Reply to
badgolferman

They say nicotine in tobbaco, if inhaled or chewed is addictive. Marijuana is not?

Reply to
dbu`

Pehaps the govenment likes the taxes.

Reply to
dbu`

I used to do time and motion studies and found no negative relationship between marijuana use and employee productivity (both rate of work and quality of work) over several months. We didn't test people who were obviously high (there weren't any), but the people with the very highest THC levels were significantly better than average, and they became even better when their THC went even higher. In comparison alcohol, valium, and librium consumption tended to result in significantly lower productivity.

As anyone who's been a police officer, and he'll tell you it's better to arrest someone who's on marijuana rather than alcohol; marijuana smokers who aren't drunk to be much more cooperative, and I swear some of them would have put on their handcuffs themselves if I had asked them.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I used to do time and motion studies and found no negative relationship between marijuana use and employee productivity (both rate of work and quality of work) over several months. We didn't test people who were obviously high (there weren't any), but the people with the very highest THC levels were significantly better than average, and they became even better when their THC went even higher. In comparison alcohol, valium, and librium consumption tended to result in significantly lower productivity.

As anyone who's been a police officer, and he'll tell you it's better to arrest someone who's on marijuana rather than alcohol; marijuana smokers who aren't drunk to be much more cooperative, and I swear some of them would have put on their handcuffs themselves if I had asked them.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

We already know "influence". Influence toward what goal?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Apparently not, since not a single study has been able to prove it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom