OT Sphere of Knowledge

If the inside diameter of a piece of pipe is cylindrical and it's diameter is equal to or greater than it's overall length, is it a ring or a cylinder?

mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

It's a piece of pipe.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

A pipe piece? Or a peace pipe?

Reply to
sharx35

----- You have a cylindrical piece of hard pipe 6 inches long with an inside diameter of 6 inches. You place the pipe on a table and with your hand you insert a 3 inch brittle sphere on the right end of the pipe. You repeat the same procedure on the left end of the pipe. Can you push so both come out the other end? Carl Hirsh of CT. submitted this question to Marylyn Savant. Supposedly the most intelligent woman in the world. She's known to not back down.

Reply to
mark digital©

How the f... can one push the ball through the table in either direction?

Reply to
sharx35

e=2E

You want to ask Marylyn Savant if 3+3 =3D 6?

Reply to
ToMh

That's what she said.

.
Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

That's what she said.

I have something hard and cylindrical, if not somewhat longer than 6 inches.....

.
Reply to
sharx35

That's what she said.

------------------------ There's no time better than now to call this off. I discovered what was printed in her column differs from the online version. I want to thank those of you who tried in good spirit.

Reply to
mark digital©

That's NOT what she said.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Why can't one sphere be pushed to the left and the other pushed to the right, letting the spheres pass one another inside the cylinder without causing either to crash and break, as would happen if one sphere passed over the other.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Reply to
mark digital©