{OT} : The Queen in Virginia

Which was named for another Queen Elizabeth 400 years ago.

Oh, no, Phillip's here, too. Which liberals is he going to upset now?

Reply to
n5hsr

On a related topic, I learned that Jamestown, where British involvement in the new world began, is only 23 miles from Yorktown, where British involvement ended, at the conclusion of the Revolutionary War.

Reply to
mack

If you ever have a chance, it is worth a visit to the area if you have never done it....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I don't get to travel much. I always wanted to go to Weeki Wachee and swim with the mermaids, but that's just a fantasy that will never happen.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

A friend of mine is planning a trip to Europe (cruise ship type)...

Hell I think I'm having as much fun as he is, just reading about all the stops and talking to him about it.

Of course I have an unfair advantage, in that Uncle Sam took me there on the largest warship in the world, many moons ago....LOL

Somehow cruise ships are a bit nicer than American warships....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I don't understand why being on a cruise ship is desirable. I have no desire to be cramped on a ship with thousands of other idiots I can't get away from. At least half of them are guaranteed to not have the sense the Good Lord gave a head of lettuce.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

That was pre-determined the day they booked passage on a ship to cross the Atlantic, rather than a first class air fair ticket. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You are discussing my home area now. There will be a huge celebration here soon to celebrate the birth of America (European version)

and y'all are invited, even those of youwho hate America and want to see it fail in the War on Terror. I'llmake some room for you in my house.

Reply to
badgolferman

My Air Force son is down at the Naval Air Station Norfolk for a month.

He saw my old ship pull out (USS Enterprise). Maybe we are getting ready to nuke something ;-)

He is working with Sailors, Jarheads and Airmen.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida