OT - The suspects are terrified?

Poor guys. I really feel sorry for them, being terrified and all.

Reply to
witfal

Ya' think? And I sort of disagree with the first part of your statement. Fear of punishment should not be the motivation for staying out of trouble.

It goes to character.

Reply to
witfal

Depends on the age. I know a lot of honest successful people who didn't have and ounce of character when they were in their teens. But (our) dads had razor straps and belts which filled in nicely until a little maturity began to set in.

One man dead and four boys getting locked up for a long time and not just because they were stupid and lacking in character but also because it was so commonplace to be carrying a gun.

Reply to
F.H.

Not according to idiots who think guns are the cause.

With that "logic", we should ban automobiles. They cause drunk-driving.

Reply to
Nemesis

NRA extremists will counter that Sean Taylor could have just as easily been killed with a Tickle Me Elmo doll. They will also claim that private gun owners are the only force preventing America from becoming a dictatorship.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

LOL, you can have my gun when................

Reply to
F.H.

The following is a serious question:

Why do you think gangs of cops & soldiers were confiscating legally owned guns from law-abiding citizens during Katrina?

Do not claim it didn't happen. Let's not waste time with that, please.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You're trying to reason with a troll, Joe. One who is, from a response to my LA Times post, either stupid or a liar.

He made no posting including that link, according to Google and my usenet server. Just a pot-stirrer.

Reply to
witfal

I don't think he's a troll. Misguided on this subject, but not a troll.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

THIS subject?

Reply to
witfal

Try my reply to mack on the subject line "this bitch is NUTZ" (12/1), motor mouth, and then apologize for calling me names and *your* lying. BTW, I've been trading e-mail with Tim since he wrote a piece about Mel Gibson when he flipped out with all his anti-semitic tirade a couple of years ago.

Partial copy of post: (is this what you mean by troll?)

The LA Times has a great columnist (Timothy Rutten) who's specialty is "media matters." Because he is a "media" reporter you never find him on the Op/Ed page, he's mostly in the Calendar section where you may have be a subscriber to get his writings (policy may have changed). He wrote a great column today about the so called "debate." It's kinda long but relevant from start to finish so I'll just post it all.

Reply to
F.H.