OT: Toyota Group Poll

Quick Yes Or No Answers!!!

  1. Are you worried about the future of our country?

  1. Are you worried about your finances?

  2. Are you worried about your medical coverage?

  1. Are you worried about going in debt or deeper in debt?

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

"Don't Taze Me, Bro!"

Always

No

No

Nope.

Getting *out* of it would be nice.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®
1 no 2 no 3 no 4 no and 5 no ;)
Reply to
Mike hunt

  1. Yes, but I don't really care, it's going to be someone else's problem in a few years. All I see is people wanting and demanding more more and not realizing the luck or work involved to get them where they think they want to be. Lots of egos to keep happy and that's expensive. Uncle Sam prints the money, we get hold of it and spend it, then borrow it back from the Chinese and foreigners to buy more foreign oil and goods. I doubt this is sustainable. So I drive a Toyota ? 2. NO, I live within my means and try to help others a little bit when I can. 3. Not really, I'm already older than my dad was when he died. Ha! and he said I could never do anything right. Health insurance is one of my major costs. Whatever, can't afford to be without it, just in case. 4. Not in debt, haven't been in years, and don't plan to be soon. 5. Now one of my concerns is getting the timing belt done on my Toyota in a few months, I might do it myself but I'd rather hire it done if I can find a mechanic I can trust someone who will take his time and do it right.
Reply to
Moe

Somewhat. Only somewhat, because I figure it can't get a whole lot worse - at least on some fronts - than it has been for the last 7+ years. Or on other fronts in the 70's. I think I worry more about the direction the Supreme Court's been taking than other issues.

Only slightly. (See answer for #3.) Have been planning for retirement, & while certainly won't be rich, should be okay.

Not for the immediate future - only long-range, re: possible long-term care when older.

Nope. Am planning on getting out of debt - mortgage is down to looking more like a car loan balance at this point. It should be paid off ~ 7 years ahead of schedule, several months post-retirement (have been making prepayments on the principal). And if I need to take out car loans in the future, hopefully they will be smaller ones than in the past. Have no credit card debt - pay it off in full each month, even if it means taking money out of a savings acct.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If I watch network news then the answer is yes to all of it.

Reply to
badgolferman

"Don't Taze Me, Bro!" ...

No to all. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Usually when someone posts something like this, it ends in "Vote Democrat!"

Please, say it ain't so!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I would answer NO to each.

Are you worried about another terrorist attack? Yes

Do you think we should continue to fight the islamic terrorists, Yes

Are you making more money today than you were ten years ago, Yes

Do the dimocrats favor more taxes, yes

Are the dimocrats weak on terror, yes

Do the dimocrats favor abortions, yes

Etc.....

Reply to
dbu

YES, and far less because of foreign threats than threats from within our country, and the biggest threat being Christian fundamentalism (not evangelicalism).

NO, but we've lived far below our means and have considerable savings, and we work in businesses that aren't particularly sensitive to the economic cycle. But if we were average, we'd be worried about wage stagnation and the fact that the median American standard of living has barely budged since the 1970s.

NO, but only because of our odd financial situation. Again, if were typical, we'd probably prefer corporate health coverage and security over higher income without health coverage.

NO. What's debt? OTOH I'm annoyed by other people carrying high debt because it's caused our property value to drop (not that we plan to sell soon, nor would it impede us from buying another house), and I'm worried that credit card companies will start penalizing those of us who pay in full every month because we're not as profitable as people who carry nonzero balances forever.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

You obviously haven't received the latest Republican fundraising solicitation. It asks similar questions, only in a completely unfair manner by tack onto the end of each question something hysterical, like, "and favor the strong, conservative pro-American policies of the Republican Party over the evil foolishness of the Anti-American liberal Democrats who want to take away your guns and SUVs and make abortion and gay marriage mandatory".

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Actually, I am quite conservative. However, you cannot spend like a democrat and cut taxes like a Republican.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

yes to #1, no to the others.

Reply to
mack

Smart folks! The reverse situation is that of unfortunately the majority of American families, who have bought a house too expensive for them, have all their toys (boats and personal watercraft, huge trucks to carry a week's worth of groceries, etc) on display, but when economic downfalls occur like the loss of a job, have a safety net of six weeks' savings before they are penniless.

That's one of my few worries, too....that the bank card people will think we're deadbeats because they can't make money on us, (paying in full each month and never carrying a balance) and start charging us for prompt payment!

It's very simple to live above your income, but oddly and happily, it's just as easy to live BELOW one's income, and you find that sooner or later, you're able to buy anything you want for cash, and avoid the bloodsuckers. Sad that so few people realize this and fall prey to usurious interest rates on their purchases. If I want to buy a new car, I write a check for it, rather than pay it off over five or seven years and find myself still paying for it when it's worth only 30% of what I bought it for, having paid twice the amount, including interest.

Reply to
mack

Yes. We have lost our morals, which will lead to the eventual death of the country.

Yes. but not because of the recession.

Yes, but because I'm already on Medicare, it worries me more. The government giveth and the government taketh away.

Yes, see 2 and 3.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
<n5hsr

Several of your posts indicate that your paradise is as puritanical as Osama Bin Laden's. No thanks.

Reply to
beerspill

What's the difference between Democrat's taxes and Republican's public debt, other than your grandchildren will be forced to pay public debt? Tax cuts aren't free if they increase deficits.

9/11 happened under the Republicans' watch, and the Republicans didn't seem to do much to prevent it. Wasn't there an intelligence briefing given to Bush a month earlier, warning him that bin Laden was determined to attack in the US? What was the title of it?

I don't know anybody who really favors abortions. Generally Democrats want to prevent abortions before conception, Repubicans after conception.

Reply to
beerspill

No, thanks to the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution.

Yes, thanks to the possibility of a McCain presidency.

Reply to
beerspill

Right, McCain is coming after you, personally. Better go hide.

Reply to
dbu

If they see my tax returns, then they know better than to try to get money from me...

Reply to
Hachiroku