OT: Unemployment drops to 4.7 percent

The Administration could use a little good news. Middle class ncomes, however, are declining. The middle class is feeling the squeeze. Lower unemployment is good but if the middle class is feeling pinched, it won't help the Republicans in the midterms.

Reply to
DH

Walmart built some more stores and hired a bunch of people. So what.

Reply to
Art

I honestly don't know how to feel when I see people bitching about their middle class incomes. Woe is me Woe is me, blah blah blah. I think I people should be a little more concerned about those with lower class and poverty level incomes. I admit, I don't make a lot myself, but I am very fiscally wise with my money and I also use money to make money by having a loan business on the side. I know a lot of people who are up there in the middle class to upper middle class income range who don't seem to know how to spend money; or rather don't know how to use money. What I find really sad is when I go over to someone's place and even though they are living like white trash, they have every TV channel known to man. I could think of a better use for that extra $150 worth of channels. A 401K would be a nice start, but so would adding a little extra to those loan payments to pay them off just a little faster. I may be considered just barely middle class, but life is good. I'm not complaining.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Yep, we should be grateful for what we got and use it wisely.

However, my remark was on the politics of the unemployment situation. If Joe Sixpack doesn't feel he's better off than last year, he tends to take it out on the current Administration.

Reply to
DH

You're a loan shark?

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

fuel prices are on the way down also. I read one speculation that said gas per gal could be around $2 by Thanksgiving. Come on now you Bush haters say something positive. Unemployment way down, fuel prices falling spending up, no hurricaines and the Republicans are going to keep both houses come November. It's a great day.

Reply to
,dbu.,

One thing dbu fails to remember: When people run out of unemployment insurance, the're dropped from the list of those unemployed like a hot potato even if they DON'T have a job.

Those who are working need to work TWO or more jobs just to make ends meet. Yeah, thanks Bush!

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Unemployment down is a good thing. There's dignity in work.

Reply to
DH

I thought they were going to keep going up because of Iran?

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

Typical neocon spin. It doubles from 1.50/gal to 3.00/gal and you say it's way down because it's only 2.98/gal.

Still 50% higher than it was last thanksgiving. Thanks, bush!

I'm positive you're duped. I'm positive you believe everything Rove tells you. I'm positive bush is a criminal.

Not way down. Not even as far down as expected.

Spending on fuel is up, dipshit.

Not according to republican pollsters.

The great day will be the second wednesday in Novemnber when you realize you're screwed, neocon.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Here here! Every red-necked Bush-hugger knows we owe it to our descendants to use the damn stuff up as quickly as we can. And lower prices certainly help. (Use less of it? Wasted effort.) ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

That would depend on what you define a loan shark to be.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

See see, you guys are never happy. Disgruntled, jaded and just plain spoiled.

Reply to
,dbu.,

depending on what figures you use, there are somewhere between 10-20 million illegal's in the US. Assuming half work for cash, how do those jobs figure in to the stats?

Reply to
ron

It's a game of numbers and politics. I don't know, does anyone?

Reply to
,dbu.,

Hate to rain on your parade but a man has to do what a man has to do.

Reasoned Insanity

Why do you automatically assume supporters of President Bush are rednecks? Is that your view of people outside of New England and California?

Reply to
badgolferman

That is the way it has always been figured. Does that make all the other unemployment data over the years unreliable also? There has to be some way to compare apples to apples.

Reply to
badgolferman

Right-wing ones anyway. :-)

Reply to