OT War Vet Kills Burgler!

great training these heroes get in the military!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!

War vet, home early, kills burglar

The Associated Press Posted : Friday May 4, 2007 6:25:32 EDT AUGUSTA, Ga. ? A man authorities say had broken into an Army officer?s home to steal guns was shot to death by the Iraq war veteran, who had come home early.

Capt. Barre Bollinger told police he returned from work around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday and found his house had been ransacked, Richmond County sheriff?s investigator Thomas Johnson said.

Bollinger, who is stationed at Fort Gordon, entered his bedroom and noticed that guns were missing.

He grabbed his SKS rifle ? a weapon similar to an AK47 assault rifle ? and called 911, Johnson said.

?While on the phone with 911, he sees the suspect approaching his back door,? Johnson said. ?Because he believes the man now is armed with his stolen weapons, Mr. Bollinger fires at him three times.?

Errol Lavar Royal, 29, was shot at least twice in the stomach area. He was later pronounced dead at Medical College of Georgia Hospital.

Royal lived with his parents near the home that was burglarized, police said. A search of his home turned up two guns taken from Bollinger?s house and marijuana, Johnson said.

Police had no immediate plans to charge Bollinger in the shooting.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

the good captain may have some explaining to do to the Police if the guy was not yet at or near his back door, whether or not he, in fact, had the captain's guns on him.

That's why the old adage goes, "if a burglar comes in your door, you can shoot him, but if he's at the door and hasn't yet come in, shoot him and drag his ass across the threshold!"

Reply to
mack

He won't have any explaining to do....

Here in Florida we can open fire when they cross our property line.

All we have to feel is that we are threatened....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

one less criminal stealing peoples hard earned stuff..

i think thats well worth his life... I am not being sarcastic either.

the pursuit of happieness should not be ceased just because some d*****ad thinks his neighbors stuff should be his.

Reply to
Go Mavs

Looks like he aimed at "center of mass"... as he was trained. Good on him

Reply to
Christopher Pine

It's not something you forget.

Reply to
Leythos

....and he fired more than once to be sure.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida