{OT} way off topic

Does anyone here know how the telephone service works? I signed up for VOIP and the provider keeps putting in requests but I still can't receive incoming calls. Calling out isn't a problem. And when I try to get more information it's like a big secret. What a freakin' headache. mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

A friend has had it for a couple of years. It sucked in the beginning quality wise but it is pretty good now. Not as reliable yet as a real phone. Plus 911 may not work. You get what you pay for and not much more.

Reply to
Art

Like Art, I was an early adopter of VoIP. It wasn't quite ready then (a couple of years ago) but I think now it is equal to plain old telephone service. I'm going to cut the cord to Qwest and go with VoIP again. I'm going to use Packet8 as my son has had no problems with that service. jor

Reply to
jor