OT - What a game...

Aw, c'mon! Remember the Good Old Days? When they would make it to the second half of the season in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place and then TOTALLY BLOW IT in the last 5-6 games?

Reply to
Hachiroku

You make your daughter out to sound like something terrible.

Reply to
sharx35

Hey, no problem. It's a game.

Reply to
witfal

Everybody was ready to just hand over the trophy to the Patriots before the game started. Let this be a lesson to those who are ready to hand over the Presidency to a particular candidate -- the game still has to be played. Anything can happen in sports, politics, life, etc. Nothing is a foregone conclusion.

Reply to
badgolferman

I believe the point spread was 14 for the Pats.

Reply to
badgolferman

Exactly.

Reply to
witfal

Aw, shucks!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

LOL that reminds me of a scene in, of all things, "Murder She Wrote" where Jessica's friend Harry said, "Some things are a given; like the Red Sox choking in the biggest game."

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Let's just say, our son was WAY easier to bring up.

We took our daughter and her boyfriend to a squadron function over the weekend, where she dropped the bomb that she's engaged!

She's 17; he's 21. They promised they wouldn't get married until she finishes college. She denies being preggers.

Pray for us...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Agreed.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yup, the election won't even happen until the middle of next football season, so no reason to have one's knickers in a twist all spring, summer and fall. Enjoy the year!

Reply to
mack

"Wickeddoll®" ...

OK, here is my NJ perspective. Bellichek is the guy who was supposed to be the savior of the Jets after Parells 'retired' from that post. All was supposed to be good, although with Leon Hess dying there was confusion regarding ownership about then. So Belicek is the head coach, sworn in and all. One day later the 'HC of the NYJ' jots a scribble note that he resigns for no apparrent (to us anyway) reason. Fine. The Jets swirl into another prolonged funk. Then, of all places, he resurfaces at the dreaded Patriots. Sheesh. Starts wining everything in sight there. Sheesh again. This was supposed to be happening with the Jets, not up there, not in the sports nemesis Boston area of all places.

He raised a lot of antipathy with the way he brought promise and then ran out on us. Then he gets caught cheating red handed (by the Jets even) this year and that was good. Now he loses out on his perfect season in one of the biggest victories in the history of football by a team (our other favorite team by the way - and yes, one can be a big fan of both the Jets and the Jints) that just plain outplayed them and it just does not get better than this for a Jersey guy like me.

If he was still here he would be the favorite coach on the planet here. Not so since he ran out on us. This works well here. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

It was the Pats by 12.

Reply to
Tomes

Prayer would be a start. Chaining her up in your basement might also be effective...temporarily.

Reply to
sharx35

Boys are a cake walk. Girls? Estrogen poisoning.

Reply to
witfal

My parents became engaged in college and married just 14 years later.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

"Johnny Hageyama" ...

Wickeddoll® wrote:

My parents became engaged in college and married just 14 years later.

JH

Smart folks

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

My brother (now 44) became engaged to a 20( now 22) year old girl. Turns out she was in the family way without benefit of clergy. She lost the twins, but subsequently got pregnant again. I just went to my niece's christening. First one in the direct line since 1872. And because one gentleman didn't show up, I also got to be the GodFaddah. I guess I'm going to have to start wearing tuxedos to work and smoking ceegars. (That's the only kind of GodFaddah I know of in Chicago. . . .)

I'm fairly sure the Mother's Curse is already working on both of them. The baby likes watching TV and gets mad when the commercials come on. And if you interupt her TV watching. And she's only 4 months old.

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr

You're such a ray of sunshine, Charles.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You tellin' me der's some udder kinda GodFaddah? I suppose I'll be busy when she's old enough to date. (Benny sleeps with the fishes. . . .)

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr