(OT:) What's the difference between Korean Humanitrain Hostages and Taliban?

At least *HE* admits it, sort of.

Unlike Noam Chomsky who, at least in his own opinion, writes the Gospel Truth...

Reply to
Hachiroku

The Ragheads know who they are.

If the others take offense...too bad.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Moderate Muslims have their own 'pet names' for the Ragheads.

Reply to
Hachiroku

How the Fu@k does BUSH play into this?!!?

*I* am the one that doesn't like Ragheads.
Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

OK. YOU seem to have forgotten it.

And, I notice you skipped the section below...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Just out of idle curiosity, how did you happen to pick 1947?

Why does this "fact" smell like the bathroom does the day after everybody attends the Baked Bean Festival?

Where did you get this "fact?" I'm afraid I can guess.

But, more constructively, what "Muslim government" was this and in what year did this "surrender to the Ragheads" take place?

You miss the point. No surprise but a continuing disappointment.

Reply to
dh

Oh, crap. You finally got me...I'm confusing it with Afghanistan...

But:

"Pakistan also faces instability in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, where some tribal leaders support the Taliban. Pakistan has had to deploy the army in these regions to suppress the local unrest, in Waziristan. The Waziristan conflict ended with a recently declared peace agreement between the tribal leaders and the Pakistani government that is expected to bring back stability to the region."

Again, I get the point. I was confusing Pakistan with Afghanistan. Senior Moment...

But, this *DID* happen in Pakistan...

Reply to
Hachiroku

According to our ally, the British, we are not targeting them. But, our ally, the British, say we are being careless to the point where their top soldier felt he had to protest.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sure. Pakistan, now, does have serious problems with the Taliban and the Taliban is operating in Afghanistan and their operations are ramping up lately. The question still stands, why is the Taliban able to cause so much trouble, 6 years after Bush went in to put them out of business?

Reply to
DH

So, are you now admitting that your statement "Most Liberals have forgotten that fact and want to extend the Olive Branch to them [terrorists]" was insupportable and incorrect?

Nor have I forgotten it. 19 or so Saudis and Egyptians (I forget the exact mix) brought down 4 planes and attacked three buildings causing over 3000 deaths. We know who supported them. When did I say we should stop going after the terorrists that attacked us? When did I say we should stop going after the people that supported them?

Yeah? Did you think you had written something profound?

Reply to
DH

Cause they're like cockroaches...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not at all. Most of the l00ney lefft wants to end it now and leave it a shambles.

You seem to be propping up the Ragheads...

Yeah. See the subject header, and try to stick to it, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Look at DH's paragraph above, beginning with the words "Nor have I forgotten it." That is the paragraph we're going to talk about now.

What DH didn't say is the name of the country whose ruling family supported the hijackers. He didn't mention it because grownups who read know the name of the country. Do you know the name of the country? If you do, type it in your next message. If you do not type it in your next message, we will assume you don't know the name of the country, and it will be time for you to stop posting messages in this discussion.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And Communist Apparatchniks. And apparently, Liberals.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Oh? Which of the l00ney left has recommended that we stop pursuing the terrorists who attacked us? Be specific. And, since you persist in using the word "most," it will have to be a long list to be persuasive.

As usual, of course, you are talking through your hat (I'm making a determined effort to be polite).

Not at all. I believe in treating people who are not yet our enemies respectfully. People who are not our enemies might not be our friends but if we are rude to them, it certainly doesn't give them reason to become our friends. If we are kind and respectful, they may yet become our friends.

We have wasted a lot of goodwill and jerks like you continue to piss away our chances to generate some.

What do you think you wrote that's profound? The Taliban have degenerated into terorrists. There were terroristic aspects to their regime when they were in power in Afghanistan. People who trouble to pick up a paper (to read, not deliver) from time to time have known this for years.

You remind me of a small child who has just discovered a fact about the world all on his own. When dealing with a small child, we are happy for him because he's started independent learning and we are pleased.

In your case, you've apparently been willfully ignorant for years. You don't get points, now, for discovering that there's such a thing as TV news and gathering ni the occasional factoid.

Reply to
dh

That doesn't really matter, does it, since it's not the point of the original post.

I wanted the terrorists to leave us and everyone else alone 30 years ago.

If they want to wipe the sects that aren't religious enough off the face of the earth, OK (well, actually, it's not. But better to let them fight amongst themselves).

And it's still within our reach. All they have to do is levae us alone.

Now, getting back to the original post, what about the murderd and captive Humanitarian Aid workers?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I know that. You were the one who made the accusation about lefty k00ks. I didn't bring it up. You did. Defend the position you chose to take.

It's still within our reach? Why? Because you say so? News bulletin: they're stronger than they were before. Why would they give up now?

A few years ago, they were on the ropes. Then something happened that gave them new life, hope and recruits. I won-der what that was???

What about them? Terrorists got to them. Do you *still* want a medal for learning something this week? By the way, the Taliban let two of them go.

Why are those particular terrorists still in business? Haven't you been paying attention for the last few years? A little while ago, you reeled off a long list of news sources that inform you. I got a laugh out of that. You think that having terrorists leave us alone is still within our reach but the terrorists know they are getting stronger. Why would they let up now?

Reply to
DH

They can still just leave us alone, and kill each other. Somewhere along the line someone will be in charge of this country who will be fed up with their antics and just wipe them out in toto, 'Collateral Damage' be damned.

All I know of is three of them. One alive and two that have assumed room temperature.

Where are you getting your news, al-jazeera?

THEY said the Taliban released two, the rest of the world knows it was one woman.

They can still just leave us alone, and kill each other. Somewhere along the line someone will be in charge of this country who will be fed up with their antics and just wipe them out in toto, 'Collateral Damage' be damned.

Reply to
Hachiroku

What do you mean, is not an ally?

Better get reading.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Without knowing what country YOU are talking about, I can't tell you what I mean.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

He got that "fact" from an absolutely rock-solid source: Splatt from Floriduh

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom