What's The difference?

Hey Guys, I am not certain what makes the difference in the Camry in an LE and a CE model. What can you help me with on making out the differnces?????

I just traded my 97 LE for a 2000 CE. Much lower miileage, and much better interior shape. The only recognizable difference so far, is the fact that the CE has no cruise control, and has steel wheels, where the LE has alloys and a cruise. Anything I'm Missing????

so far I am impressed with the ride and response, but feel it is more of a softer car than the LE was. But no appreciable difference to me in handling or response in power, braking, anything.

Thanks in advance

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Does your CE have power windows, Antilock brakes and alarm system(option on my 97)? BTW alloy wheels were an option on 97 LE. Same car other than various gizmos. Feels softer in ride since it has less miles on it..

Reply to
ROBMURR

Power mirrors, power locks, intermittent wipers, heck I am just guessing you should know, you had them both.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Trim level and options For example, seat fabric will be different.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I must have the Poverty-Pak in my '96. It's got nothing fancy except power-steering, which ceased being a 'fancy' oprtion in cars in the late '70s here. One thing I dont like are the cloth door-trim inserts which bow and start lifting.

I would like cruise-control tho.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Cool. I was just under the impression that the CE package was a nothing on it, standard transmission car. I may be speaking to the Eauro crowd on that set of options though. I now have a fancy CE then, as My CE has a set of alloys off of the 97 I traded for it, and it does have the power mirrors, power windows, and almost every feature, including the alarm. However , I am unsure on the antilock brakes. I will definitely check it out though. As I understand it can make a difference in the insurance premiums I pay.

I will only miss the cruise that i did have once in a great while. Most of my driving and my wifes, is local and city stuff. A damn Decent trade for us, going from a car with 130k on it, to one with just 58k..................this one's gonna be good for a damn long time I think. ( I guess I know I need to have a timing belt done or do one soon, as well as the water pump huh.............)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I think you traded too soon. I have 180,000 miles on my 97 Camry LE and hope to keep it at least to 250,000.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Since The day we bought the 97, my wife was wishing for the look of the tail lights on later models. Other than that and the mileage, she would have been happy to stay with the 97 I think. The car is identical in color and interior too, and could be more like the one we alreadyy had. This was what she wanted , and she asks for so litlle in life, I have no issue with "upgrading". My wife is worth the little bit of extra on this one. And besides all that, I probably won;t have to buy another car at all for many years anyway, 'cause she *really* likes this one a lot.

Thanks for the input, and I hope, for you, all the miles you can get from your Camry Rob. They are worth all the dimes you spend on them.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Just in case anyobe else is watching to find out what the differences are, I have Identified the CE 2000 has no cruise, no ABS, and no alloy wheels, as well as it is short of the daytime running lights.

I have a securikey+ system for alarm on it , I am sure it's POE installed.

Seems like everything else is same as the 97 LE model.

Of course I have to add: The stereo is MUCH better in the 2000 CE