Mazda 626 Engine & Tranny Swap

This is my first post, though I've received a lot of help from this group from searching old posts on Google groups. Thank-you for that.

I pulled a V6 2.5L engine and tranny from a '93 Mazda 626 and put it in a '94 626. Both engines were running before I did the swap. Now the engine I put in the '94 will not start. I was hoping some of you may have some ideas of what I should try next. Here's what I know or what I've done so far:

-the starter turns the engine with no problem

-the fuel pump is not coming on when I turn the key though I can turn it on by jumping over it's relay

-the coil is not firing

-I can't find a check engine light on the dash

-I tried checking the codes with jumpers at the diagnostic connector both by watching for the check engine light and with an analog meter but I see no light and I get no voltage at all from the ECU

-tried swapping computers and tranny computers

-tried swapping ECU wire harness

-checked every ground wire I could find

-looked for pulled wires

-swapped out relays in fuse box under the hood

Any ideas? Thanks, Benson

Reply to
Benson

If you don't get any help here, you might try going the forum at the address below. It helped me a lot when I converted my 96 626 from and auto to a 5spd trans.

Larry

Reply to
Larry W

Reply to