Pretty productive day, all in all.

I did the brakes on the POS V'Ger a couple weeks ago, but since it IS such a POS, I figured I'd replace the pads and let it go at that.

After just 50 miles, I couldn't take the shuddering anymore, so I got a couple rotors. Yesterday I got a new tranny side cover (how something bathed in oil all it's life can rot through is beyond me, but I had to do one on my last V'Ger, too!) so I figured since I had to take one tire off to do the cover, I'd remove the other one and do new rotors, too.

After pulling the cover and seeing the fluid was a nice red color, I figured, what the hell, let's do a tranny service. Thanks, Autozone, for your "Buy $100 and get $20 free" promotion; the rotors cost $4 and I'm well on my way to my 5th $20. So far I have gotten a fan clutch for $40, a couple free rotors and a half a caliper!.

The pan came off nice and easy, and I replaced the filter while I was there. Of all things, the tranny is about the only GOOD thing on this beater (somewhat unusual for a Chrysler; I think I saw a Mopar Rebuilt sticker while I was in there...)! I figure I have $600 into the whole van, and I should be able to sell the tranny for $4-600 when I finally beat the motor to a pulp if I don't replace it, so it's all good.

The tranny shifts even better with new ATF+4 in it, and the brakes work wonderfully. It was REALLY hard to press the pedal before, but when I did the rest of the brakes I flushed the system, too.

Alas, the Supra is in the garage for the winter. I left work early Thursday since I wasn't feeling well, and the ride home Thursday, what driving I did Friday and Saturday were all nice Top-Off days, warm and sunny, unusual for this time of year here!

Ah, but next week is snow?!?!? Nice to have the AWD back on the road for the crummy season!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Buy a celica alltrac - winter is my favourite season :)

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I want another Tercal AWD Wagon! I saw a NICE one in Vermont a couple weeks ago...looked NEW.

Wonder if it has the 6-speed Manual tranny????

Reply to
Hachiroku