Prius Ongoing maintenance

Has anyone an early Prius.? What are the maintenance problems if any? How have the battery/electronic systems stood up to the tests of time?

Reply to
Ray

Original tires wore out quick and replaced them with a better set.

Go to

and click CheckVehicle. Click number 1825. Driver traveling in opposite lane lost control, spun and entered my lane. mark_

Reply to
mark digital

That seems to be a very up-to-date body shop!

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

Were the originals Goodyear Integrity's by any chance?

The Integrity's on my brother's '05 Corolla were seriously worn at 25,000 miles.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Looks like the combined speeds weren't that great, he only puckered the front of the frame rail behind the bumper bar - but they already had the bumper skin and foam off before they started taking pictures, the foam can absorb a lot of the damage. They /did/ straighten out the anchor point at the front of the left framerail, right???

And someone needs to take "Digital Camera 101 - How to hold the camera steady while squeezing the shutter." Give 'em hell! ;-P

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Don is a licensed appraiser so between him and the insurance appraiser they went over the car with a "fine tooth comb" while it was being dismantled. I was invited to partake but I couldn't. Final tally was in the neighborhood of about $3 grand. Received car nicely detailed inside and out. I explained at length how to take better snapshots without a flash but I didn't hold a seminar with his whole group. mark_

Reply to
mark digital