Problem with dealership/car and need advice ASAP

Hi all. We bought an 05 Sequoia from a dealership in AL. We are in Louisiana. Before we drove 5.5 hours to pick up the car I specifically asked if they could lease the car to us. The answer was yes and double checked yes.

We drove up, got the car, signed the paperwork and came home.

1.5 weeks later they call and tell us that they can't lease us the car because we are in Louisiana and we need to bring the car back. Obviously we're not about to drive the 11 hour round trip for a mistake they made. They said we could drop it off at a local dealership and they'd have it towed back to their dealership.

This is our first Toyota and had very high hopes for the company and the car.

Any advice on what we can do?

It sounds like the problem is more with the leasing company than the dealership. You can see if a local LA leasing company or bank is willing to purchase the vehicle and lease it to you. If you can swing that, it would be the easiest thing to do.

Reply to
Ray O